Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July...

{aka: growing a little human...not so much of a garden}
Since the last post, we've revealed to the world that we're adding another arrow to our family. A new life to join our chaos. There have been appointments and prayers and morning sickness and exhaustion. Some days I'm doing good just to keep everyone fed and alive. Seriously. To my poor, beloved garden though, I offer my deepest apologies. I go and just stand in defeat some evenings, shaking my head at the weeds, the bugs, the disease...
I mentioned recently that I love how good the garden looks in pictures because up close it's just a big mess. True story. But I still love it and treasure it. I yearn to expand it, learn from it, improve upon it. While I haven't felt up to spending the time in it this summer that I should have, we've still enjoyed our small, beautiful harvests. There are still many good things buried among the weeds.


My girls like to play in the garden, picking things that aren't yet ready, and that's totally fine with me. Just to have their company and interest and dirty little hands joining mine is all I want.


Border Patrol.

 Filling jars with lovelies from the backyard, I wait all winter for this.

Backyard Fresh.

Full counter, happy heart.

I must have sunflowers, always & always.


We also added a couple of cuties to our flock. I have wanted Speckled Sussex chicks for some time, so when I found out our feed store was getting them...well, I just HAD to bring a couple home. {A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.} Plus a beautiful little Ancona, our first white egg layer.

I had their names all picked out, but when you live with two little girls, you get overruled. So, Beatrice, Patches, and Peaches it is.

Yes, we sure do appreciate our pretty ladies.



So, despite the neglect during this special season, I'm thankful for the blessings and joy our little backyard spaces and friends still bring.

“I love my garden, and I love working in it. To potter with green growing things, watching each day to see the dear, new sprouts come up, is like taking a hand in creation, I think. Just now my garden is like faith - the substance of things hoped for.”  ~L.M. Montgomery, Anne's House of Dreams


We hope you're having a blessed and beautiful summer ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment