Saturday, April 11, 2015

A Sweet Dream & an Old Theme

Finally. 
{I'm a terrible planner. Agendas, schedules...they kind of drive me nuts. I have attempted many times to sit down and type up something to update this little space of mine. It's only been about four months since my last post.}
We've been celebrating holidays and birthdays and anniversaries. We've been enduring cold, preparing for spring, and taking care of our menagerie of beloved pets. We've been living. I had no resolutions to share, no little word for the new year, just a desire to soak up and live in each and every moment. It's kind of my theme.

Seeking the extraordinary in the ordinary, the meaningful in the mundane, capturing the beauty of our days, counting blessings along the way.



I need to start with a few introductions: 
Because we don't have enough animals to love, we welcomed two of the cutest new family members...



And I canNOT stop with the pictures. Won't ever stop.


{they even have their own IG hashtag...if you're into that kind of thing: #thetalesofmidnightandcocoa ~ I'll let you guess which is which}

The funniest thing is that the bunnies match the girls' personalities. One is calm and laid-back, and the other is wide-open. Ready to get into everything. I'm not naming names.

17 chickens, 4 fish, 3 ducks, 2 dogs, 2 rabbits, 1 cat, and a pig. Our guy says no more animals...but I kind of have my own thoughts about that. In fact, anyone out there with construction skills, I may be needing you soon to add on to the chicken coop because the feed store tempts me every time I walk in, and I just don't know how much longer I can walk by a tub of chicks and not bring some home. It's unconscionable and unforgivable really. I can totally pay you with fresh eggs :)



{we will even decorate them for you}




We love sharing our eggs. One day I would like to be able to share more than eggs. To grow enough food and flowers to share with others. A small fresh market from home. Wouldn't that be delightful? I'm working on it...slowly, and it might not seem like much...but it's my dream, and I want to chase it ♥

And I want to share it with these two...



because they love growing things and being outside with me and when kids dream, there are no limits. And that's the best. 
I like them beside me, little bits and pieces of their childhood magic rubbing off on me.





Now that spring is here and I feel alive and awakened from my winter slump {i.e. grumpy/moody/I should live somewhere sunny and warm year round -ness} Maybe I'll be around a little more to share our adventures, our progress...or our disappointments. Because life is all about those ebbs and flows. All we can do is give it our best. 

"And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us,
And establish the work of our hands for us;
Yes, establish the work of our hands." ~ Psalm 90:17




I'm off to play in some dirt, feed some animals, and start some seeds. Have a blessed and beautiful day, and since I'm just a few weeks late, Happy Spring!












1 comment:

  1. Yay, so excited to see you back in your corner of the blogging world! Bring on the chicken pictures and the bunny rabbits :-)

    ReplyDelete