Thursday, April 3, 2014

Little Home, Big Life

Hello little bloggity blog of mine. It's been awhile. We've been a little busy welcoming spring, celebrating birthdays and an anniversary, and enjoying warm weather whenever we get it.

Here are a few of my favorite moments, through the eye of my phone.  Sometimes blurry, sometimes grainy, but always meaningful.


This little piggy is a favorite. She and the munchkin are quite connected.  I'm sure it has everything nothing to do with little bitty handfuls of treats...



We really like swinging and fresh air and animals...and dirt.





Now that the ladies are all grown up on me and free ranging, I am working to fence in our little garden. They may not be very happy about that...but in the meantime, go ahead and eat all. the. bugs.

{Speaking of gardens, we started some of our seeds!}


Remember when I said we celebrated an anniversary? Well, it was a low-key, family celebration which means: me and my love took our girls out of town for the day. The restaurant we were searching for had closed, after driving around in circles we ended up eating in the mall, it rained and was freezing cold...and I loved every minute. Seriously. We had the best time. It may not have been the most romantic get away, but it was a good day. Do you ever have those moments when everything around you slows down, you actually take it all in, drink it all up, and think, "This is so good. This is all I ever wanted. Thank you, Lord."

Oh, and this also happened:


I think it is, outside of my children and husband, one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen ;)  It is old and rusty and blue...it is perfect.  We saw it in an antique store, and I fell in love.  To make a long and mushy story short, my guy secretly bought it for me and brought it home two days later. Happy Anniversary. Be still my heart. I rEEEally like him.


And the backyard shenanigans continue...
That barred rock, she's a good one.  So good, that we may have picked up another one at the feed store...we were just going for pig food, I promise, but these kinds of things just seem to happen to us. True story.  {chick post coming soon}


More beautiful eggs...


mean more happy packages to deliver. Because we like to spread joy and we like to make people smile. God has blessed us exponentially, beyond anything we could ever deserve. We are so thankful for the opportunity to share with others.


Our little home in the woods, overflowing with life and love...it is more than enough ♥

A Prayer for a Little Home by Florence Bone
God send us a little home
To come back to when we roam-
Low walls and fluted tiles,
Wide windows, a view for miles;
Red firelight and deep chairs;
Small white beds upstairs;
Great talk in little nooks;
Dim colors, row of books;
One picture on each wall;
Not many things at all.

God send us a little ground-
Tall trees standing round,
Homely flowers in brown sod,
Overhead, the stars, O God!
God bless, when winds blow,
Our home and all we know.

We hope you're enjoying the little things, finding the beautiful, savoring the blessings. 




Sadie Sky Boutique



Down Home Blog Hop

life rearranged


Friday Photo Journal

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love this! I am a little obsessed with the fact that you guys have a little pig that loves her and follows her around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! These are super sweet and that piggy..adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a happy post - sweet, sweet photos and memories. I love the pig following your girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That firs picture is dreamy... and the one of Annabelle and your daughter walking and chatting. Doesn't it look like they are having a great little chat... Annabelle even looks like she is smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH How i wish I lived near you to have those farm fresh eggs. I can't find anyone near here who sells them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Love that he bought you the bike!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love that poem. As always, LOVE your photos. You bless, friend. Btw... you are the featured friend for Friend's Friday at Outside the City Gate's Facebook page today. I was hesitant to tag you since I could only tag your personal Facebook page. I will be in touch with you soon to pick your next date of Sunday Scripture. {Hugs}

    ReplyDelete