Thursday, March 13, 2014

Preparing for Spring ~ Making Seed Starters

We've had a crazy number of snow days lately.  
This mommy is not complaining.  I emphatically treasure days home with my girls.  We will worry about makeup days later ;)


I am, however, growing quite tired of winter and am yearning for spring.  I took advantage of extra time at home to start prepping for seed starting.  I have been collecting toilet paper rolls all winter.  Totally normal, right.  


I start by pouring myself a nice, hot cup of coffee cutting each roll in half.


Then, flatten the roll.  Open and flatten the opposite way.


When opened, the tube will now be boxy.


Cut along the four creases, about a half inch/inch up.  I'm not exactly precise with things like this...


Fold in the four individual flaps like the bottom of a box.


Just like that.  A neat little seed starter.




I think they're adorable all tucked in their tray and waiting happily for some dirt and seeds.
Now, we're almost ready for spring...


Happy planting!


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son would love this! Thanks for sharing, mama ❤️

    ReplyDelete