Thursday, February 6, 2014

Whatever Things are Lovely

"Some things...arrive in their own mysterious hour, on their own terms and not yours, to be seized or relinquished forever." 
~ Gail Godwin

These are the little things...
We capture them, hold on to them, cherish them.


We enjoyed several more snow days together.  Time for lazy days, pajama days, keep no schedule days...it's all so fabulous.  And so necessary sometimes.


Extra time and little hands to help decorate...with marker tops. It's Pinterest worthy, I'm sure of it. {Side note: I may have mentioned in one of my classes that I wanted some antlers to decorate/craft with, and I may have had an awesome student bring me some, and the munchkin may have claimed them for herself.}



More time outside in the sunshine...these girls don't care how cold it is.



My Annabelle the Polka Dot Pig looks so pretty and clean in these snowy pictures... 


{No worries, at the time of this posting she was back to her orange, muddy, adorable self.}


Our bare garden beds covered in snow.  
Sleeping, dreaming of spring.


The last of the snow pictures.  I'm officially done with the cold.  It's wishful thinking but still wishing indeed...

Our pretty ladies are still laying beautiful eggs through this cold snap.



My two little girlies have been eating the eggs as fast as we gather them.  We've finally collected enough to give away our first dozen fresh, backyard eggs.



Every backyard farm needs a name...and a cheerful little label ;)


The first package of eggs to be given away had to be wrapped up with happiness and love.  



And delivered by teeny tiny munchkin hands.


We sure do love these chicky chicks of ours.  My only regret is not listening to the experts who said to plan for more chickens than I think I want because inevitably, I will want more. Yep, totally should've listened...  



We hope you're enjoying the little things and having a beautiful week! ♥



"Great is His faithfulness; 
His lovingkindness begins afresh each day." 
~Lamentations 3:23


Sadie Sky Boutique





Down Home Blog Hop



Friday Photo Journal

5 comments:

  1. I came here from the Life Through the Lens link-up.

    Your snow days looked idyllic! The marker caps on the antlers is too cute! Love how you decorated the carton of eggs. What a special gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you write and photograph your life - so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for snow day, but yes I am weird! Wow, Annabelle has gotten bigger, or is it just me? I asked my man if he wants chickens, he has mentioned all kinds of articles about chicken coops. He said he wouldn't be opposed to it. Yeah, maybe the next house...we live in the city now, so no livestock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo perfect! I always love your photos! I actually read your post days ago but my phone was freaking out and wouldn't let me post a comment! I wanted to come back tonight to look at your pics again and thought I would take a sec. to say how much I love you!
    xoxo
    www.sadieskyboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are my favorite! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete