Thursday, February 13, 2014

Savoring all the Little Things

"The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." ~ Robert Louis Stevenson

This little things link up, it's one of my favorites.  
Because that's what I love. 
I adore the little things. 
In the long run, they are the big things. 
They remind me to slow down, 
and they help me to remember what's important in life.  

 A friend once commented on one of my pictures that she loves how "outside" our family is.  I love that, too.  As cold as it is now, it's not always easy to pull on the boots and extra layers, but we have all kinds of beautiful life depending on us and waiting to see us.  
And once I get outside, I'm so thankful to be there.  






We bring all kinds of pretty treasures with us when we head back into the house.  


The chickens are laying more eggs than the girls can eat these days, so we are having the best time giving some away.  


I feel as if it's been forever since the girls and I made a craft.  Decorating these egg cartons is the most crafting we've done in a long time.  And it feels oh so good.  


We've given away three dozen so far.  All to family.  I love it. I let my big girl write the name tag every time.  
Because that handwriting is the best.    


Extra special, extra cute, extra happy delivery.  
See.  These little things are so big and wonderful.  
This was the best part of the day ♥


 You know what else is little and big and wonderful?  
Munchkin kisses.  


{And that hair? Every now and then, mommy gets to leave the Half-Acre Home on the Range for a little pampering and brighter, more colorful hair.  Because it makes her happy...and teal is her favorite.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.}

We hope you're having a blessed and beautiful week!



Sadie Sky Boutique



Friday Photo Journal

From The Farm Blog Hop

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait till my hens are old enough for laying eggs. I think your piggy needs some teal hair, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am learning this too. The small things are MOST important. Thank you for the beautiful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is why we long to move out of our neighborhood and have a wee bit more land....to be outside more. Still, we find ways to embrace the outside in all seasons.

    I love the teal!

    And your eggs are just beautiful. I'm so thankful for the fresh eggs I've been able to get (and I had too many this week so I got to share them with a friend)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your perspective on your chicken pictures really is brilliant. Thanks for linking friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, as always! Those decorated egg crates are pretty much the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete