Sunday, December 29, 2013

Our First Egg!

Yes, it is such a big deal that it deserves its own post.
One of our pretty July babies laid her very first egg today, and we are just a little excited.  We have been anticipating this moment for months...and it was beautiful ♥ 


I'm not exactly sure who was more excited, me or the girls.  We were screaming and giving high fives and making sure the little egg didn't hit the ground in all of our excitement while the chickens eyed us like we were crazy.  The best reaction, though, was when the munchkin asked Annabelle the pig if she was the one who laid the egg ;)  I love that kid. 

When we picked up our chicks last summer, I had no idea how much we would fall in love with them.  They are such a blast and have brought us so many fun moments and memories already!


Here's to many more eggs from our little Half-Acre Home on the Range with love.





Down Home Blog Hop

From The Farm Blog Hop

5 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Ashley at This Southern Girl's Heart. I have to say, I am a bit jealous of your chickens! We live in a very small village out in the country but we're not allowed to have farm animals and I want a chicken coop SO BAD! Haha! So exciting to receive your first little gift from them however. I hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn!! :) Thanks so much for stopping by!! I just adore Ashley and her blog! I hope one day you can get your chicken coop! It is such an awesome experience; we enjoy them so much!! Blessings to you, too, have a wonderful day :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! I remember how thrilled I was to find our first egg...it's amazing! Hens are so easy to care for, and the fresh eggs are delicious! -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Here's to many many more! You never forget your first. Thanks for sharing at the From the Farm Blog Hop!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just now catching up on your blog....congrats again on the egg! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete