Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving by the Seashore

{Spoiler Alert: This post does not contain chickens or a pig or a long gravel road.  It's a little shocking, I know.}

For as long as I can remember, we have been spending our Thanksgivings at the beach.  Sunshine on our faces, sand between our toes, salt air in our hair.  It's the highlight of the year, really, and so perfectly divine.  My dad farms through the spring, summer...ok, he farms all year long, but in the fall he is able to get away for a few extra days, so we've always taken our family vacations in the fall.  We load up, drive to the beach, and spend a few days under the same roof enjoying one another, playing by the ocean, remembering what it's like to relax, and forgetting about everything else.  There are Christmas movies to watch, coffee to drink, thanks to be given.   


Emerald Isle, you are my home away from home {minus my small farm}.




My dad {a.k.a. Paw Paw}


Mom {Biggi} 


{Photos above and below taken by the hubby who was up way before me for some sunrise fishing.}



{Tattoo creds go to Biggi ;) ~ good job, Bigs}


Beaufort ~ I am determined to have a boat here one day (at least in my dreams...)








There was crazy weather (hello tornado warnings, rain, freezing temps) but I wouldn't have wanted to spend Thanksgiving anywhere else.  I am thankful for so many blessings, but especially these two pieces of me who enjoy every adventure we take with such refreshing innocence and genuine enthusiasm...and maybe a few tantrums, but we choose not to focus on those ;) ♥


We hope you all had a wonderful week and a happy Thanksgiving!



{All photos taken on my beloved old iPhone 4...because I'm retro like that ;)
~ follow our adventures on Instagram @mychaosandcoffee}


Friday Photo Journal


life rearranged

4 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! … and YES, we count down the days from when we LEAVE … to when we RETURN to our "Home Away From Home"!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful and georgoes pictures, I like its to see..
    Greetings from Germany :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are all so beautiful!

    We kinda have a home away from home here and are headed there December 30th...can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete