Saturday, November 16, 2013

"Some Pig"

I've come to the conclusion that one of the many awesome things about being a parent is that I get to live out some of my own dreams with my girls.  Because they like my ideas, and they go along with me, and when their cute little selves beg daddy for something, I they usually get it ;)  I really like having these girls on my side...


So, we decided that our little "Half-Acre Home on the Range" was missing something...


Meet Annabelle.  The adorable, polka dot, pot belly pig who has run away with our hearts.  


I have always talked about getting a pig.  I think they're cute.  I just do.  I used to joke that one was just going to have to wander into our yard one day because there would be no other way we would get one.  Turns out, our guy just wants us to be happy and likes to see us get what we want.  So, I told him we were going to see a girl about a pig...and the rest, is history.


Love. at. first. sight. ♥ 


To quote my super awesome hubby who never ceases to amaze me, "You and your farm animals...she is kinda cute."  He totally gets me.  


She's already part of the family.  When she's happy or hears our voices, she wags her tail.  You can't help but smile.  The girls just giggle and laugh when she snorts and runs around in circles.  


I like to say she fits right in with all of us.  My zoo crew.  My farm fam.


Annabelle the Polka Dot Pig ~ whatever did we do without you?
{and I just want to say a special thank you to my dear friend Peggy who found the little pig, and to Annabelle's previous human Nathalie for raising such a sweet piggy and providing us the opportunity to have and love her}


~~~

The first ladies of our little home on the range are doing well and just keep growing. 


They are such beautiful birds.  They still haven't started laying yet, but we are eagerly waiting :)


Meal worms from little hands are always a favorite.


Do you ever just look around and feel so richly blessed?  We LIVE in and on every single inch of house and land we have, and my goodness, we are so thankful.  My heart just explodes.


There is so much beautiful life that we get to love, nurture, and enjoy.  The girls are learning how to love and take care of some of God's creatures, and we're spending time together along the way.  


     
"Whether sixty or sixteen, there is in every human being's heart the lure of wonder, the unfailing child-like appetite of what's next, and the joy of the game of living. In the center of your heart and my heart there is a wireless station; so long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer, courage and power from men and from the infinite, so long are you young."
~ from "Youth" by Samuel Ullman

We hope you're having a beautiful weekend!  



{ follow our adventures on Instagram @mychaosandcoffee }







Friday Photo Journal

life rearranged



25 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog thru instragram!! I love your little farm animals and that your girls are such helpers. It's a dream of mine too. Just curious, what type of living area do you have for the pig?? I'd love to get one soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! :) She's actually in a temporary pen right now. She's small, but she's strong, so we are working on building her a permanent fence and pig house...I am sure there will be pictures when we do ;) Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope your dream comes true, too!!

      Delete
  2. :-) Mommy's Happy when you and my Girlies are Happy! :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your farm animals! I love pigs and have always wanted one... maybe someday! :) Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous pictures!!!!! I have been blogging for a little while and discovered my love (though not necessarily talent!) for photography. I just bought my first real camera and have been having so much fun. Your photos are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah you should totally join Amanda and me at Life Through the Lens... it would be fun to see you progress with photography. Amanda's site is super fun,and she takes fantastic iPhone pictures, she is amazing!

      Delete
  5. Okay, so I wasn't losing my mind. All week on IG I've been thinking "has she always had a pig?" I was afraid to ask because I do seem to miss these things at times :-/ Man I do love visiting this post weekly... it makes me smile every time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am jealous! I love her! She is way cute, and I love the "chicks' running around. I can't wait for the day when we have a bit of land for a few little farm friends. Enjoy these sweet blessings...as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome to have a hubby who supports you and your love of animals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photo story! Love the pigs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable addition to the family! One that the children can enjoy! The chicks running around are adorable as well! What a fun place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, too cute... love their smiles and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pigs and chickens! That rocks. What a great experience you are providing for those girls. Definitely important to let them care for creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! So much cuteness all around. Love it!
    ~Ruth Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always a delight my friend! Love your newest addition. What a good man you have!! :)))
    Much love and hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. I dream of having a little more land so we can have some chickens and maybe a pig like yours....someday. We have the place picked out and tried to buy it last year but it wasn't the right time. Maybe this year. Your pics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving that pig♪ Have a wonder filled week! http://lauriekazmierczak.com/amazing-grace/

    ReplyDelete
  16. So adorable :) You take great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable pig and Cute girls ~ and what a wonderful Mom and Dad ~ you are blessed ~ thanks for great photos for Rural ~ carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. How precious! Congratulations on your new family member (: I must agree with you-- they do have their own cuteness about them. Blessings to you & your sweet family.

    xoxo,
    Allie
    http://framedbygod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for coming by to share on Rurality Blog Hop #41!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Amanda, So the pig name is Annabelle? How cute! I like how you captured all those moments, great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the excellent contribution to the discussion. I love this image it's beautiful I set it as my background!Cactus Canyon Ceramics is the online store where we strive to discover and offer beautiful Wholesale Spanish Pottery
    having roots firmly set in Andalucia.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Since many household real-estate disclosures along with laws and regulations to be able to protect consumers aren't suitable that you can professional real-estate, you want to pay somebody knowledgeable to work with you considering the financial exchange. construction companies san francisco

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your farm is awesome! I wish, I'll make an animal farm beside into my coffee farm. I am a business man. I have a coffee farm. To look my farm please visits the site.
    Coffee Farm

    ReplyDelete