Thursday, October 17, 2013

Nurture, Love, and Focus on the Beauty

There's a reason I focus on my girls and our home in this online journal of mine.  It's because they are my happy place.  They are my priority, my responsibility, my blessings.  I struggle daily with my inadequacies as a mom, but even when I feel my craziest and most frustrated, I can just look at them, watch them, fall in love all over again, and remember that they are my purpose right now and my passion.  I can still kiss them, carry them, hold them, squeeze them, and take pictures of them without them rolling their eyes and complaining (I'm obviously taking advantage of that while I can).

I stumbled across an inspiring quote this week:  

"Today when you nurture, love, and meet the needs of your beloveds with beauty, it will make a difference in how they face their whole day." 
~ Sally Clarkson

As a mommy, that is one of my goals.  A daily reminder.  To nurture, love, and meet their needs with beauty, happiness, thankfulness...and take pictures to capture the memories along the way ♥

Here is another week in grainy, imperfect phone photos as another season comes upon us.  

{But not before a few more days of 80+ degree temps...}


  And a few more days to run around barefoot and draw outside with chalk.  


I don't know why this girl thinks she can grow up so quickly on me.
From twirling princess...


To chicken whisperer...



To great big sister...



Her talents are endless.

Every now and then, I have moments when I yearn for some huge, sprawling house and farm (doesn't everyone?) but for now, we are good and so richly blessed.  Our house is small.  We have maxed out our closet space, wall space, and under-the-bed space, but we are close.  I also think it's another reason why we spend so much time outside.  Our little yard in the woods is just an extension of our home...our little "Half-Acre Home on the Range." I'm thinking I should make a sign. 
  


It is also home to our favorite furry, feathered friends.





{In case you don't already know, chickens like to be snuggled, too.}


I am so thankful for another blessed week where the good and the beautiful outshine and overcome...

“The willingness to be and to have just what God wants us to be and have, 
nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else, would set our hearts at rest, 
and we would discover the simpler life,
the greater peace.” 
~ Elisabeth Elliot



We hope you're having a wonderful week!
I'm feeling a trip to the mountains soon...



{Follow our adventures on Instagram @mychaosandcoffee 
#halfacrehomeontherange}




Friday Photo Journal

life rearranged

From The Farm Blog Hop



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, as always! And a beautiful heart you have friend. {Hugs} to you. I'm stealing that quote from Elizabeth Elliot too. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Today when you nurture, love, and meet the needs of your beloveds with beauty, it will make a difference in how they face their whole day."
    ~ Sally Clarkson

    What a powerful quote, and so very true, and inspiring.

    As always I LOVE your "grainy, imperfect pictures." I think they are a brilliant perfection of a masterpiece. It's fun coming here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quote, I'm so glad you shared it! Sometimes we forget how important simply meeting the needs of our loved ones can be!

    By the way, you should totally make a sign for the "half-acre home on the range"! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda! I love your quotes. We just have no idea how important we are to others, especially family. Our attitude is watched, even if the kids are out and about. That is amazing.

    I pray that I will follow those ideas in the last quote. To be content with the simple life. That is the key to real living.
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. the Harrisonburg mountains would LOVE you to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet photos! I have chickens, so I am very partial to those photos in particular :) Your coop setup is so cute and I love seeing how good your kids are with the chickens. I love to cuddle with my chickens, too! And I love that Elisabeth Elliot quote - so good.

    Visiting from the From the Farm blog hop!

    Tammy
    ourneckofthewoods.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful photos Amanda! I just love that quote you shared about the simpler life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twirling prinsesse - love that photo:)

    ReplyDelete