Sunday, September 1, 2013

We've Come a Long Way, Babies

"Once upon a time,
In the early moments of spring,
Two beautiful princesses and their super fun {and very pretty} mom
Set out on a most exciting adventure,
Convincing their Knight in Shining Armor to join them
and bring along his tools for all of the mighty construction..."

I thought it would be fun to do a sort of chronological post of our backyard's transformation over the last few months.  We started our gardening adventures in April with our tiny seeds and big hopes.  As we head into fall, it's such a blessing to see how much we've done together as a family in just four short, but overflowing, months.  

This is our little journey {through some of my favorite pictures} from a bare backyard to our half-acre home on the range :)




















We've come a long way, me and my babies,...and we've had a blast along the way.  There was heat and sun and dirt and bugs...and we dug up more grass than I ever cared to, but I cherish these precious moments and priceless memories from our summer together ♥  Thanks for joining in our journey!  Have a beautiful day :)


{Follow our adventures on Instagram @alilivi}


From The Farm Blog Hop



Friday Photo Journal


A Little R & R

12 comments:

  1. You'v done a great job and it always makes me feel good to see our kids take active parts in tending the land and learning all sorts of things along the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love this post! :-)
    You, my baby girlies and your Knight have worked so hard and that hard work has paid off! :-) IT's Beautiful!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Amanda! It is wonderful to see parents spending such quality time with their children...I wish I could see more parents doing this. You are a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! What a fun transition your backyard has undergone this summer! I've enjoyed watching it on Instagram. Looking forward to more updates. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks amazing! Way to go you guys. I love every piece of it. Thank you for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Amanda, I had no idea you started from scratch. That is fabulous! I dream of a yard to plant like yours. Some day it will happen. For now I'll stick to my pots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop, I'll be featuring you this week, so please feel free to come grab my Featured button!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Thanks for sharing at the From the Farm Blog Hop.
    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily
    www.fresh-eggs-daily.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. what did you use for your black fencing around the front of the coop for their free ranging area? Also, did you use sand in your run for litter in place of straw/ hey/ pine? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana! :) Thanks so much for stopping by!! The black fencing is a decorative fence I picked up at Lowe's. It's not permanent fencing, and I can add more panels to it if I decide to, it just creates a yard for the chickens. I have a small garden area not far from their yard, so while that is still growing, I just wanted something to contain them while we're outside. In their run area, I did use sand, and for their coop I use pine shavings. This is my first adventure with chickens, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. They are so much fun, and we just spend hours outside with them! I hope this answers your questions, have a great day!! :)

      Delete
  10. I too was wondering about the black fencing, it is a lovely free range area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nan! :) Thanks for stopping by!! The black fencing is a set of decorative fence panels I picked up at Lowe's. It's not permanent fencing, and I can add more panels to it if I decide to, it just creates a yard for the chickens. It's not exactly predator proof, either, so we use it when we're outside to keep an eye on them. I have a small garden area not far from their yard, so while that is still growing, I wanted something to contain them. Hope this helps, have a great day!! :)

      Delete