Thursday, September 5, 2013

Mug Swap!


I got in on this year's awesome Mug Swap by the genius Kim over at A Cuppa Kim.  Coffee and tea lovers galore sign up for a secret mug pal, search high and low for the perfect mug, and ship it across the country (maybe even the world).  It was so much fun.  {And Kim, I have no idea how you keep up with all the details, but I just want to say thank you for such a great party!}

 

My secret mug pal was Sally from Sally's Angelworks.
I had so much fun getting to know her through her blog and Instagram, and as bad as I wanted to at times, I didn't leave comments because I didn't want her to guess that I was her mug pal.  I know, that probably sounds so silly.  {Sally, your quilting is amazing, and I enjoy your photos so much!}

I searched all over our small town for just the right mug.  This part was harder than I expected.  I just wanted it to be perfect.  My mom is a potter.  I finally picked one of her beautiful, hand-made pieces to send to Sally.  




I included a few extra goodies...and some burlap :)


I just had the best time putting this little package together...


A few days later, I got my own surprise!


A special and heartfelt thank you to Amy {Land of Fluff} for such a lovely package of treats.  It arrived just a few days after my birthday, so that was fun, too!


Seriously, why can't the mail look like this every day?!  No bills, no junk, just all kinds of delightful pretties :)

I love my mug...it's just perfect!



Oh, yes.  It fits just right.  {Thank you so much Amy!}


This was such a fun time.  I am already looking forward to next year!  Have you ever done a mug swap?  You totally should.  

Have a great day!


5 comments:

  1. I REALLY have got to get in on that swap next year! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love this post too! I just LOVE ALL of your post!!! :-)
    .... and I LOVE you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh it was sooooo fun to be your secret pal!! Thanks so much to you and your sweet mom!!! ♥♥♥ (Mr Gorgeous and me - we fight over your mug, btw!! it's the best!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! What a fun party! What a pretty mug you got. And of course, I've said it before, I love the mug you gave. Your mom is awesomely talented. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mug with the personal touch you sent is so awesome, what a great gift to send!!,
    And the happy mail you received is fantastic!!! Mugs > Bills, always!!!!

    ReplyDelete