Friday, July 5, 2013

Insta-Friday: The Target & Independence Day Edition

I started going through this week's pictures and realized that I didn't take as many as I usually do {shocking, I know, but it's been raining most of the week, so we haven't been up to much} and then I realized that we go to Target, like a lot.  

This is my Miss Priss in all of her three year old, independent, often hard-headed, adorableness.  She looks like she's posing for one of those outfit of the day things.  I just kept snapping away.  You see her pink bag, right.  It's full of coins.  Her "money" she's going to buy something with because guess where we're going...

Target. Of. Course.  Oh, and here is a different day:


Same store.  Different day.  Ummm, has anyone seen the prices on some of these headphones?  A little bit outrageous.  We did buy a couple of much cheaper pairs for them to plug into different devices and listen to their games and DVDs.  I was totally going to take a picture...but they had my phone testing out the new headphones.  


Oh, hello again Target store and snack area.  Blue icees were made for this girl.  And so were pretty little dresses :)


This is one of my favorites:


Her daddy says that she would get into a lot more trouble if she weren't so cute!  

And one more trip to Target to round out the week ;)  


The little doggie had to go shopping with us, and she pulled him around the store squeaking and getting all kinds of attention and grins.  It was kind of cute actually.  I just pushed my cart and smiled.  I have to note, that was one of our first trips out and about in a very long time where no one had a meltdown or pitched a fit about something.  No tears.  No fussing.  It was pretty awesome.  {and little doggie, if you had anything to do with that, you are welcome on every shopping trip from now until...forever!}


Summer afternoon.  Back of their daddy's truck.  Farm road.  It doesn't get much better.

Hello, happy mail:


So, to be perfectly honest, I bought this book to learn more about Jamie's home garden and to see the pictures.  I hope to eventually try a few recipes, but for now, it's all about his gardens and photos.  {Which are amazing!}


I brought this adorable piece of pottery home from my mom's.  She's making so many beautiful things, and I'm just so proud of her! :)  She has a variety of pieces spread out around her house and adds to the collection weekly.  It's like a buffet of pottery.  I have been eyeing this piece for a few weeks now.  I love the colors.  I said it reminds me of creamy coffee.  She sent it home with me.  {Thanks Biggi, you're the best!} 

We brought this home on another day:


I wanted to purchase a rain barrel locally for our garden.  I found these being sold as a fundraiser for our local Master Gardener association.  {Side note: Doesn't that sound lovely?  Master Gardener.  Perhaps one day...}  We also met my big girl's first grade teacher in the process!  It was such a fun afternoon.  {I'm not going to dwell at all on the fact that I am going to have a first grader.  Not yet.  It's too soon.  I have a few more weeks.}  This is a before picture of the barrel.  I plan to go soon and get the right paint and let the girls have at it.  Because we love paint...and I like their artwork much more than my own.  

Later that night she lost one of her front teeth :)  {and the munchkin was upset because she didn't lose a tooth}


Big girl of mine, you are growing up much too quickly.

~ Happy Independence Day! ~

As I'm working on this post, I hear fireworks in the distance.  We're home, and the girls are stretched out around me.  {It's my favorite way to spend the evening.}  These are my favorite pictures of the week.  I took the girls to the wheat field behind our home with a couple of flags blowing in the wind.  We had our own little celebration.  Because we are patriots.  We love this land.  My husband was in the Army.  He was a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne (I always love saying that.)  Now he’s a firefighter.  (I love saying that, too.)  I am a teacher.  We are in the business of helping others.  We love our country and our community.  I have so much respect and love for those serving our great nation (past, present, and future).  {In fact, if you’re in the service and somehow found your way to this little space, let me know...and I would love to send you some brownies or something :) ~ they’re the only things I’m any good at making.}
God Bless America ♥




I hope you had a wonderful week! :)

@alilivi on Instagram

life rearranged


Friday Photo Journal


friday favorite things | finding joy

19 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures!! Got to love Target!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamar!! :) And yes, Target is pretty much the best!! ;) Have a great day!!

      Delete
  2. Love, Love, Love! :-) Love the pictures of my Baby-Girls ... and I Love our Outings and Adventures! Sorry I missed out yesterday!
    ... Oh, and Thanks for the advertising and encouragement you give me on my pottery adventure! :-)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love our outings, too, and we've been missing you lately!!! Thanks for always encouraging me, too :) I love your pottery, and I'm so proud of you!! Love you!!!

      Delete
  3. love the last couple pf pictures of the girls with the flags. great shots! happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy!! :) They were my favorites, too! Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!!

      Delete
  4. Target is awesome! If we had one near us I would be there several times a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Target is pretty awesome!! :) Thanks for stopping by Savanna, have a great day!!

      Delete
  5. Cute pictures! I think you may visit Target more than I do! It's a pretty happy place to be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Hannah!! And yes, it is a pretty happy place ;) Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!!

      Delete
  6. wonderful photos! my favorite is the one with your little girl at the table! and of course the flag ones!

    Found you via Insta Friday! It's my first link up!

    http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2013/07/insta-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Traci!! :) Thanks so much for stopping by!! I love Insta-Friday, it's one of my favorite link-ups!! I am @alilivi on Instagram! :) Have a great day!!

      Delete
  7. oh and I want to read that Jaime Oliver book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great, I love it already!! :)

      Delete
  8. ps again, haha:

    what's your instagram name I can't seem to find you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Target is the best. I love the story of her dragging her puppy through the store. That's awesome. Such sweet girls you have. Love the pictures of them at the store and in the field with the flags. // I love your heart. Your love of your community and your country. Thank you to Mr. Amanda for your service, both in the Army and as a firefighter. And to you for your service as a teacher. It's so important. // I love your mom's pottery! I love how she applied the glaze. I need to get back to my pottery. I took a wheel class and had such a hard time bringing the walls up straight. I need to take another class maybe. But for sure I want to get back to my hand-building. Did you know I have a kiln? (I got it cheap from a tenant.) I don't know how to work it though and I am afraid to use it. // Have a great week, friend. xo, ab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my friend!! :) Target really IS the best!!! And that little puppy has been on several more shopping trips with us after that!! ;) Thank you so much for all of your sweet, kind comments, they are so encouraging and mean so much to me!!! I had no idea you were into pottery and had a kiln!!! That's awesome!! The only things I know about pottery are what I have picked up from her! She's learning and doing so much!! I took one class with her, and it was a lot of fun, but that's the extent of my pottery journey ;) You should definitely start doing it again!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful week!!

      Delete
  10. I'd so love for you to join me and another friend every week as we share our week in photos. We post on Saturday mornings. We don't do a link-up but do include a link to each other's blog within our post. Here is my recent post. http://withlove-simplybeth.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-birthday-note-for-rick.html it's such a fun wy to get to know each other. I truly enjoyed your post. I know I've said before, but I love your blog. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth!!! :) Thank you SO much for your kind, encouraging comments!!! What a blessing :) Thank you also for such an exciting invitation, that sounds so fun!!! I would love to join you and your friend!! I will definitely check it out!! One of the best things about blogging is getting to know so many really great people!! Thank you again :) Have a wonderful week!!

      Delete