Saturday, July 13, 2013

Insta-Friday ~ Summertime Goodness & a "Coop-a-Loopa"

{My weekly reflection of pictures and moments captured through my phone because it's always with me...much like my two girlies.}

Dear Munchkin: You are so teeny tiny and adorable right now.  I love your tousled blonde hair and your dirty little sun-kissed face.  I really hope that in a few years you decide to keep your clothes on...that would be great ;) Love, Mommy


We had to take our doggies for a walk one day.  All of them.


Thumbs up for icees.  {Yep, another trip to Target}  Life is good ;)


Funny thing about the picture below.  It looks kinda like they're making sweet music together.  The reality: I was taking pictures (while standing on top of the table) in between them trying to smack each other's hands off the keyboard.  {sigh}  A duet was not part of the program that evening.  


So, the munchkin was kicked off the keyboard and went to find her own happiness.  It turned out to be chess...her own little version of it.  I think she just liked that some of the pieces were "horseys"...I totally understand that ;)


And all was right in the big girls's world again as she played her little heart out and made up original songs about being an only child.  Life can be rough for a six year old...apparently.


Rural America has my heart.  I love living in the country surrounded by trees and fields.  Family farms as far as the eye can see.  ~ We walked up our driveway to watch my Dad cut some of his wheat this week.  It's one of my favorite things to watch.  The huge combine turning and roaring.  


Here comes Paw Paw :)  


I also love this time of year because of all the fresh backyard garden food that comes with it!  My kitchen counter fills up with treasures plucked from our garden and my grandparents' garden.  It's beautiful, colorful, and delicious!


We finally broke ground for our “Chickity Chick Coop-a-Loopa”! {Oh my goodness, can you feel the excitement!!} ~ And I am sure I have no idea where that name came from.  It’s just one of those things that you say one time, and it sticks ;) ~ We don’t have our chicks yet, but we’re getting prepared.  I just want to say that my hubby is pretty much the greatest thing ever.  He took on this project for us.  He’s really not that thrilled about the chickens, but he sees how excited we are.  I tried to help him.  Worst. Helper/builder/construction worker. Ever. Yep.  That’s me.  I have no kind of upper body strength.  None.  And then he tried to get me to use the nail gun while I was standing on top of a ladder.  I thought I might die.  It was an awful sight.



Despite my hinderances and uselessness, the hubby managed to get a good start.  He put in my old $3 beautifullly chippy thrift store window.  My heart was happy.  We still have a ways to go, but it’s so exciting to see it started!



Thank you Lord for another blessed week with my zoo crew.  

What we ever did to pass the time before cell phones and Instagram is beyond me ;)  

I hope you had a great week!

Sharing this post with these lovely ladies ~

Simply Beth

life rearranged



friday favorite things | finding joy




4 comments:

  1. Your photos are a delight Amanda! Can't wait to see the finished “Chickity Chick Coop-a-Loopa.” Friends from my church actually have two chickens. I love the picture I have of me holding one of them. And whenever they go out of town my son and his girlfriend watch the chickens. I live nowhere near farm country so it's fun to have chickens near by. Your girls are BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for joining in for our Blog Hop! Much love, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your farm life is so my dream!!!! I love it! I popped by from Beth's, and I'm so happy to meet you. Your family is gorgeous, and I love the chicken coop project (with thrifty window - super-cool).

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun captures!

    Visiting from insta-friday! Love, Traci Michele

    http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love living in rural America too. Except that I'm not quite as rural as you are with no farmers in my (immediate) family. But I do love me some barns and fields, a pretty picture in every season. // Hooray for your chickity-chick-coop-a-loopa! Awesome name, awesome hubby who doesn't want chickens but wants his honeys happy, awesome window in the coop-a-loopa! I love your little girls who swat eachothers' hands, they remind me of my own! I love that she likes chess because of the horsies! Have a great week, friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete