Thursday, June 20, 2013

Insta-Friday & Why I Keep This Blog

Another week of summer is quickly passing by.  SLOOOOW down summer vacation!  I am enjoying my time at home so much.  Please don't ever end :)  


Here are a few of my favorite summertime moments this week in all of their grainy, iPhone, Instagram glory. 

This girl came home for a Father's Day visit!  I love her and miss her entirely too much.  MOVE BACK HOME ASAP!  {I had to get that out of my system.}


If you’ve been reading along here for any amount of time, you’ve probably noticed that there are no cooking or workout posts.  Because I don’t do very much of either.  My workouts consist of picking up toys, gardening, and walking Charlie Brown-Black.  But this girl.  She’s awesome.  She gets up at like 4:30am to go to the gym and workout.  She's on this new journey to a healthier lifestyle, and I think it’s pretty cool.   She wants to encourage people to make lifelong health and fitness changes, and I totally support her. 
~ And I promise to start that new workout you sent me...as soon as I find it ;) ~

For Father's Day I made the hubby pancakes (they're his favorite) and we headed to church with the windows down...


Because the girls love the windows down.  Look at that hair.  My first thought was "oh my goodness, the tangles" but with all the giggling and laughing and happiness that open windows bring...you just have to go with it sometimes ;)

After church we picked up afternoon treats!  


All kinds of delicious, chocolatey loveliness going on there.

We spent Father's Day on the farm fishing {I shared the pictures in my previous post}.  My brother and sister-in-law had hot dogs and s'mores, and it was such a fun night.  Of course, it meant that the girls needed adorable new fishing poles...


I love this picture.  She was trying to cheer for the new pink pole, but I caught her in a yawn.  My silly baby girl.  She's growing so fast but still has a bit of that baby cuteness about her.

I love these girls.


 They are always doing something that makes me do a double-take...and then reach for my camera {ok, my phone}.


And little Charlie Brown-Black, he's always in the middle of whatever they're doing...especially if he thinks food is involved.


This particular event did not involve food but dirt from my flower pot.  One would think that the munchkin would be old enough to stay out of the flowers and the dirt...but one would be wrong.  I thought it was the greatest thing that her big sister helped her to clean up the mess, though.  As a mom, that was a very proud moment...I couldn't be too upset after that.  

They really do love each other :) 

and recording all of this is important to me.  

One day this week I hopped over to my friend Anne’s blog to read her
"Blogging Manifesto" {link here}.  I loved it.  I thought again about why I keep this space going.  If you look around, there are no advertisements, I’m not making money here. ~ However, I would just like to note that if Starbucks, Lowes, or Hobby Lobby would like to send a few fun gifts our way for all of the free advertising and love, I would gladly and kindly accept ;) ~ If you look at most of my pictures, they are of my girls and our family.  If you read my words, you will see that I want to encourage people and make them smile.  I want to share our faith and what God has done for us and through us.  This is my journal.  My place to record and share.  We have friends and family all over the country.  This is a way to share what's going on with us and how the girls are growing.  I have several dear friends and encouraging communities that I have found through blogging.  I also love that when I’ve gone a week or so without posting, my dad notices and says something about it, and I love that my mom reads and comments on every post.  I really DO have readers! ;)  


I know that one day the girls will be older.  They will be spreading their own wings and will no longer be walking and playing beneath mine.  They will not want mom taking a million pictures of them to plaster all over her “blog”...and I will 100% respect that.  Perhaps by that point I will have a little backyard barnyard and a bigger garden to write about...or maybe I will have figured out how to sew and use the hubby's power tools for more projects ;)  But for now, while they’re still little and silly and by my side, I will enjoy them and write about our times together.  I will share our projects, our crafts, our conversations, and random moments.  


Once they're older and have had enough, I hope to print off all of these posts and pictures and create a book for them to keep.  I want them to know that while our days may not have always been perfect, they were fun and blessed and meant so much to me.  I want them to know that I loved them, even in the midst of fights and messes, and that I would’ve done anything for them.  There were days when we may have driven each other crazy, but I would not have given up one second together! ♥


And that is why I keep this blog :)

Thanks for reading along, have a beautiful day!


life rearranged

friday favorite things | finding joy


Friday Photo Journal


4 comments:

  1. I love this post! You have a beautiful family. Thank you for sharing!

    I found you on the NO RULES Weekend Blog Party. I hope you're enjoying the rest of your week!

    Ritchil
    http://chengand3kids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. Your family is gorgeous and I'm so glad to have found your blog. I look forward to keeping up. LOVE that the family is all reaching for their Starbucks' drinks, but mama has to get a picture first. So typical for a blogger, ha? ;) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved everything about this post...the pictures, the stories, and it's purpose. It's truly a treat and the idea of making it into a printed book for your girls one day is fabulous! My sweet mother-in-law printed off the first year of the first blog I ever had and bound it...the pages are dog eared from the kids reading through it over and over again. (Beware though that you may be amazed by all the typos that somehow slipped through ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! You have a beautiful family. So glad you shared a peek into your lives.

    ReplyDelete