Monday, May 27, 2013

Something Thrifted, Something Blue ~ Two Colorful Makeovers

Sometimes, we just like to do things for the fun of it.  There is no rhyme or reason.  Just the simple fact that we want to spread a little paint and cheer.  On a cool, cloudy Saturday morning, after my girls were bouncing off of the walls and furniture and trying to jump rope in the house, I decided it was time to move those little balls of energy outside...with a few bottles of paint.  

I had picked up this old wooden chair at a local thrift store for a few dollars.  Let me just say, I love thrift stores.  The hubby...not so much because I am always bringing home stuff like this.  And our house is kinda small.  But no worries.  I had big, outdoor plans for this :)


I had thought about painting it a bright, solid color and placing it on our porch for additional outdoor seating.  But that wasn't quite enough.  I wanted the girls to be part of the project.  They love painting and had energy to burn, so I turned them loose and let them create their own masterpiece.



I know I'm biased, but I think it's the greatest thing ever :)  They had so much fun!  The paint was brushed on so thick in some places, I didn't think it would ever dry.  


A few days later, I was looking at this old, stained TV stand that the hubby and I have had since our wedding (at least I think so...it's been so long, I can't remember when we got it).  I decided to save it and paint it, too.  Because we love bright colors and making old things new.


I picked up a new can of spray paint from Lowe's.  There are so many great colors, but I am always drawn to the turquoise.  I really think this is the exact same color I used for the school desk makeover here.


So, after a couple of days of painting our hearts out, this is what we ended up with:


One more "after" picture in all it's Instagrammed loveliness:


This was a team effort.  
~ TV stand makeover by Mommy.  
~ Thrift store chair makeover by my two little artists.
All the colors and fun make this mama's heart happy ♥
Our little carport (which is really more like an outdoor play room) just got a little bit brighter!

Have a colorful, beautiful day!

Sharing this post with these lovely ladies:
 

Time to Sparkle Tuesday

A Little R & R

Crafty Kids Link Up

10 comments:

  1. Wow - the TV stand looks adorable! Great choice for color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carrie!! :) I love that color so much!!

      Delete
  2. Okay, I really love this! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barbie!! :) It was so much fun!!

      Delete
  3. How fun for your children to get to paint something like that! And it looks so natural/fun in the setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gail!! We really had a great time, and that chair is now one of my favorites! :)

      Delete
  4. How beautiful! I love thrift store shopping too! My husband comes along with me though and finds a chair to sit in after he browses a little bit. He is always allowed to buy a book while I shop. Your kids did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much April! And yes, thrift store shopping is the BEST! :) Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!!

      Delete
  5. What a great idea!! I have a similar chair that I've been thinking about what to do with. I think I found it :)
    Visiting from Time to Sparkle

    I'd love for you to share this on Much Ado About Monday: http://www.huckleberrylove.com/2013/05/much-ado-about-monday-no-11.html

    Have a great week!
    Karla
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karla!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! Yes, you should totally paint up your chair! :) And thanks for the invitation!! I didn't get to post it on last week's list before it closed, so I shared it today!! What a fun link-up, thanks so much again! Have a great day!

      Delete