Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Break is All Kinds of Wonderful

At this very moment, we are well into our spring break week.  I kind of see it as a trial run for summer vacation to determine if we can all get along without hurting one another.  
 Just kidding ;)  

The weather has been kind of wild lately.  A little over a week ago, winter gave us one last burst of loveliness (or so I thought).


She's trying to catch snowflakes on her tongue :)


So pretty.  But it's spring's turn to shine!  The last few days, we've really enjoyed being outside, breathing in the fresh air, playing in dirt, and anything else two little girlies can think up...









One morning while walking Charlie Brown-Black, the sunlight bounced off of dew drops on my dad's wheat field beside our house, and I got this picture.  It's one of my favorites.  {I carry my phone with me everywhere because I never know when something like this might happen!}

~

And now, as I finish up this post and look out of my kitchen window, it's sleeting and snowing! Say whaaaat?!  

~

 Once I picked my jaw up off the floor (because I wasn't expecting that at all) I had to take a few pictures.  After about 20 minutes, this was our front "yard" or patch of forest...we don't have grass in front of our house, we have moss ;)



These are our fruit trees in the back, covered in pink blossoms and a layer of sleet.  It's kind of crazy but oh so beautiful, and I am reminded that God is in control of it all!


There were many things I planned to do during this short week.
~Start a garden
~Start an exercise plan
~Clean the girls' room and find new homes for 1/2 of their belongings 
(they have so much stuff)
~Spring clean
~Make lots of fun crafts
~Find new recipes and attempt to cook those new recipes 
(without burning the food up or the kitchen down)
She's prepared either way...


But, sometimes, life happens and plans change.  I didn't start a garden, but I did repot a few plants.  I didn't start a rigorous exercise plan, but I did swing and play and run around outside with some lively girls.  The girls cleaned their room themselves (sort of)...I cannot begin to tell you the nooks and crannies where toys and clothes have been stuffed.  We did not make any elaborate crafts, but we colored lots of pictures.  I did not find any amazing new recipes, but I have enjoyed lots of coffee :)  
And it's all good, I thank the Lord for every moment! 
(Plus, we still have a few days left...the possibilities are endless, really)

There's this quote I found in a cherished desk calendar my mom gave me:

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.” 
~ Guillaume Apollinaire

I love that, and I want to add "thankful" :)



I hope you're having a wonderful week!

All photos taken with my iPhone 4...because I'm retro like that ;) 

life rearranged

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots of the trees with snow. I agree, it is spring's time to shine! Happy spring break to you!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carolyn!! :) Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  2. I love that quote!!! And I love your photos. We, too, are experiencing a snowfall - even as I type. Your photos of the late snow are so lovely. And so is your perspective. On all of it. Sometimes I get bogged down with my list of things I want to accomplish and at the end of the day I feel frustrated for not having "accomplished" anything. And yet, if I've loved on my family, that is an accomplishment. There's time for the to do list tomorrow. (I admit, though, that I may use that as an excuse, too. Lol.) Have a wonderful weekend! xo, ab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne!! :) I hope you've been doing well! Thanks so much for your kind comments :) I love when you say "if I've loved on my family, that is an accomplishment." YES!!! That's so true :) As long as we have had fun and made new memories, I'm a happy momma! Have a blessed day and wonderful weekend!!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a lot of wonderful memories have been made this week. Good for you! Great pictures and love the quote. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! ... You, My Girlies ... and your Blog!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. You have a beautiful blog. I visited as a result of your visiting me from Fellowship Fridays.Have a great weekend!
    Joanne
    daysnthoughts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post. You have a beautiful blog. I visited as a result of your visiting me from Fellowship Fridays.Have a great weekend!
    Joanne
    daysnthoughts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are amazing! Looks like you guys had an amazing break!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun spring break you have had - certainly one to be thankful for!

    (That photo of the pink tufty blooms against the impossible blue sky - gasp)

    s

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your pictures are so beautiful! The one of the dew is particularly special. Don't you love when you get to capture something unexpected like that? Our weather has been crazy here too, but I am happy to see some buds popping up! I am SO ready for warm weather!

    Have a great week Amanda!

    ReplyDelete