Saturday, March 16, 2013

In Remembrance of a Gentle, Beautiful Life

"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."
~ John 14:1-3


"On a hill far away, stood an old rugged cross, the emblem of suffering and shame; And I love that old cross where the dearest and best for a world of lost sinners was slain. So I'll cherish the old rugged cross till my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross and exchange it some day for a crown."


A week ago, we said goodbye to my beloved Grandpa, and we miss him dearly.  He was my Pappy and the girls' Papa Z.  He was my mom's Daddy, and he was a faithful man who loved his family and the Lord.  In a most beautiful and moving service, we celebrated  a humble man who was loved, respected, and appreciated by so many.  With five children, thirteen grandchildren, and eleven great-grandchildren (two more on the way), he had always hoped to see his family fill the church pews.  On that bright, windy Friday afternoon...we did.  And we sang, we cried, we took comfort in the promise that he was in glory with our Savior and Lord and the love of his life ♥ my cherished Grandma.


"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
~ Romans 8:38 &39

I am so thankful for every precious moment we had with him, the memories I cling to, and the legacy he leaves behind.  


I just want to thank each and every dear friend for your thoughts, prayers, and sweet comments.  I have not had a chance to respond to each one, but I want you to know that they meant so much to me, and I'm so grateful!  Have a blessed and beautiful weekend!




Scripture and Snapshot



29 comments:

  1. We are going to say goodbye to my husband's grandmother this weekend. Death is so hard, but we rejoice with you that they are with Jesus. Blessings to you as you mourn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I am so very sorry for your loss as well. You're right...death is so hard, but it is easier to bear when we know they walk with Jesus!! Thank you so much for your kind words and for stopping by!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!

      Delete
  2. It's a great comfort as believers in Christ to know we will see our loved ones again! I never got to know my grandpas because they both died before I was born, but I hope to see them in heaven some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Karen, you are so right!! It is such a great comfort to know that I will see him and my grandma again in heaven!! :) I take great comfort in that!! Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  3. Amanda, I'm so sorry for your loss. May you be warmed and comforted by the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dayle!! I appreciate your kind words!!

      Delete
  4. Friend, I'm so sorry you're missing your grandpa, but I'm so glad you have the comfort of knowing He's with Jesus, and you'll see him again someday.
    (((hugs))) I love the verses and lyrics you included in this post. Beautiful truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, you are so precious!!! Thank you so much for your sweet comments and hugs!! :) They mean so much!! Have a blessed day my dear friend!

      Delete
  5. Dear Amanda
    I am so glad that you have these wonderful memories of your grandfather. May his legacy of love live on in the hearts of all his family members and leave a legacy of love behind too for all those who might be added to your family in the future! Although you mourn him now, you have the blessed hope that one day you will see him again.
    Much love
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mia, what dear, sweet words that ring such truth!!! He leaves behind such a beautiful legacy...and I am so thankful for the promise that we will see each other again :) Thank you so much for your kind thoughts!! Have a blessed day my friend!!

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful man! Hugs and prayers to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss but rejoice at heaven's gain! May your family be comforted by the True Comforter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marty for your kind comments!!! Yes, we mourn, but we also rejoice and are comforted!! :) Blessings to you my friend!!

      Delete
  8. How sweet. I rely so much upon knowing we're just not seeing each other for a time, and times, and half a time. But then it will be for eternity. So many, SO MANY, I'm looking forward to seeing and spending time with. That's all we can count on.

    Bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, YES, Cary Jo!!! SO MANY I am looking forward to seeing!!! :) I am so thankful for that promise and that hope!!! Time on this earth is so fleeting...but eternity with our Savior...what a gift!!! Thank you so much for your kind words, have a blessed day!!

      Delete
  9. I'm stopping by from Jumping Tandem's Sunday.
    What a beautiful photos and wonderful words. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
    I hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for thoughts and kind comments!! Blessings to you :)

      Delete
  10. Powerful testimony of his life and his love. I am sorry for your loss but happy that you have many good and treasured memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending lots of love and comfort to your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My deepest condolences Amanda. I know the hurt loss can bring but am so glad you find comfort in the Lord and knowing where your Pappy is. Hugs to you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Krista!!! I deeply appreciate your kind words and hugs!! You are a blessing to me :)

      Delete
  13. So very sorry, Amanda. These pictures were just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A tenderly beautiful tribute to a man who clearly led his family with love and faith. How blessed you are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amanda, I am so sorry for your loss. Your memories captured are a beautiful tribute to him.

    ReplyDelete