Monday, February 11, 2013

Let Me Not Grow Weary

I've really missed my little blog lately.  (I think I've said that a lot recently.)  My dad even mentioned that I needed to update my posts!  (I totally love that! ~ Thanks for reading Paw Paw!)  I've been swamped at work and at home, so there have been many days when I haven't even opened my laptop (and my tired, strained eyes thank me).  But this is my happy place, so I can't stay away for too long...besides, if I did that, I would have way too many pictures to try and post later ;)

I've been kinda crazy lately.  I picture myself as that caricature of a teacher you see in some of the funny movies about high school kids.  You know, the teacher with the frazzled hair, crooked glasses, a paper trail falling behind her, and her slip showing beneath her skirt...except I don't wear glasses (although I desperately need them) or skirts (I'm a jeans and t-shirt gal, so when I have to dress up, it's pants)...but other than that, it's me.  My desk is piled a foot high with papers and books, my deadlines get closer and closer...and I'm just thinking it needs to be summertime already.  

I feel like this...

And I seriously want to do this...except on my desk, not in a shopping cart...


And I definitely need more of this...


And I would really like to take off to somewhere warm and lovely in one of these...



But until then, I will just take some timeouts for comfort foods and my favorite people (who, thank the Lord, put up with me at my craziest)...



Because at the end of the day, these moments matter most ♥
...plus they're just a lot more fun!

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, 
for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." 
~ Galatians 6:9

Have a beautiful week!



miscellany monday at lowercase letters

Covered in Grace


8 comments:

  1. Cute! I love how your pictures decribe what you want to be doing :) stopping by from miscellany monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Sarah!! :)

      Delete
  2. it's that put-your-head-down-on-your-desk (or shopping cart) part of the year, I think. the part where everything's cramming in and kind of flowing out over the edges. but you still need that shut-eye and to keep your sanity, so if writing takes a backseat, well, we'll all be here when you get back.
    blessings to you, friend. and sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelli! :) Yes, it is definitely that time of year!! Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! They encourage me :) Hope you're doing well, have a blessed day!

      Delete
  3. Your posts remind me to live life to the fullest. You are such a blessing to me, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute, cute post! Brought a smile to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking at a whole bunch of blogs and came across yours and I think you have a pretty blog. :) I'm following!

    ReplyDelete