Monday, February 18, 2013

Insta-Friday on a Random Monday

Yep, you read right.  I am getting my Insta-Friday post ready to go on a Monday.  Because I'm all rebellious like that I've missed a month's worth of Insta-Fridays, and it's kinda driving me a little crazy.  So, without further ado, here is a really random assortment of photos through the eye of my beloved iPhone 4 (you read that right, too.  I have yet to upgrade...such is life).

My amazing daddy celebrated another birthday.  I thank the Lord for every moment with my loved ones...especially my beautiful parents.  Daddy has shown me what it means to work for a living, to take pride in that work, and to do it honestly!  


He has also grown rather soft during these years as a Paw Paw, 
but you didn't hear that from me! ;) 
 Look at all those grandbabies.  Oh, how I love and savor these tender, priceless moments.


My dad is also pretty awesome because I am {cough} 33, and he still takes care of me :) 
Sometimes, I drop off my baby girl in the mornings with him and Biggi and leave with a Bojangles breakfast!  I can totally handle that.    


There was another special celebration recently.  I enjoyed another Valentine's Day with my love, and I just had to create this super soupy (his word, not mine) collage of some of my favorite photos!  Sometimes, I just can't help myself.  


My favorite guy gathered up his favorite girls and took us out to eat for an early dinner on Valentine's.  It was a good thing it was early, and the restaurant wasn't too crowded because the two monkeys in the picture below were all kinds of silly.  I blame the empty bags of candy wrappers from a big girl's Valentine's party.


And speaking of big...when did this happen?!  I mean, I'm so thankful that it is happening, but when did my firstborn get big enough to read books...on her own and not while rocking in my lap?


She is also texting now...apparently.  Because I certainly didn't send these adorable little messages, but they keep popping up in my phone.  I love them...even her funny use of icons. Cracks me up ;)


And I can't finish a post without including this little cutie.  She continues to drive her big sissy crazy, pull on the dog, use markers in all of the wrong places, and manage to look sweet and innocent in the process.  

{P.S. Thank you Target for this most adorable hat which, in case you missed my hundreds of other pictures, has made it through many months on this little head without being lost or destroyed.  It deserves an award!}


I hope you've all been doing well, and I wish you a blessed and beautiful week!


miscellany monday at lowercase letters


life rearranged

friday favorite things | finding joy


Apples of Gold

18 comments:

  1. So much goodness can be found in the everyday, I'm glad you see it and share it with us :) For some reason not all of your pictures are showing up for me so I missed seeing the one of the texts from your daughter but I think it is funny that she is texting :)

    Have a great week Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krista, I appreciate your kind comments so much!! :) They make my day!! I'm so glad you enjoy the pictures and posts...I just hate that some of the pictures didn't show up...I'm not really sure why. It is pretty funny that she's texting and reading texts and doing who knows what...I have to keep an eye on that one for sure ;) Thanks so much for stopping by my friend!! I hope you have a great week, too!!

      Delete
  2. LOVE your posts and your pictures, they just refresh my soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley!! :) Thank you so much for your sweet, encouraging comments!! They mean so much! I hope you're doing well, my friend, and having a wonderful week!!

      Delete
  3. LOVE! ... and Love You!
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a very happy family! Love all the smiles and evident love. Glad to find your blog!
    www.ferrevernlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Raechel!! :)

      Delete
  5. just found you through instafriday. love your blog! instafriday used to be the only post i could count on getting done every single week and now, not so much. lol. i've never had bojangles but i can bet it's delish! and my 13 yo just started texting me. he's the cutest thing ever with his little heart emoticons. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela!! :) Thanks for stopping by!! I love Insta-Friday, but I've gotten so behind lately! Yes, Bojangles is pretty amazing...a fast food guilty pleasure ;) their fries are the best!! And kids with emoticons=the most adorable things!! ;) Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  6. Ahh! I'm so glad I happened upon you from Life Rearranged. I have 3 silly girls of my own (and a silly boy) and your link photo cracked me up immediately, because it is so like our life! We seem to have much in common, because today was my first InstaFriday in, well over a month... or more. Very nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mari!! :) Nice to meet you, too!! Life with kids is just crazy...I've come to accept that! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  7. so sweet, glad valentines day was such a fun filled day and reminder of everything that is important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun collection of photos! Such sweet girls you have. Love the little texting picture. And that last one, for real. It just makes you want to smile right back at her. Have a wonderful week! xo, ab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anne!! :) I always enjoy and appreciate your comments so much!! I hope you're doing well and having a wonderful weekend!!

      Delete
  9. Great post! I found you through {miscellany monday}.
    I particularly love the pic of your daughter reading! My eldest is reading on her own and it is so crazy! I love it!
    Glad to have found you. Your latest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this post! So sweet to see your dad with all the kiddos, love the shot of wild girls at the restaurant, love the love between you and hubby, and the texts? I died. Hope you all have a great end to your weeked!

    ReplyDelete