Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Catching Up and Hanging On

Alarm clock goes off, I drag myself into the shower with my eyes still closed, get ready, walk the dog, feed the dog, the cat, the fish, make lunches, make coffee, drag the girls out of bed kicking and whining wake the girls, get the girls ready, brush little teeth and tangled hair, finish getting myself ready, load up and off we go...

Weekday mornings exhaust me...just the thought of them wears me down, and I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this guy helping me.  He totally deserves all kinds of credit. He braids little ponytails better than I do, he makes a mean breakfast, and he is a morning person.  Love him ♥ and really try hard not to take him for granted.  (Thank you, Lord, for sharing such a person with me because I totally don't deserve him.)


I really feel as if I haven't spent much time on my little blog here lately.  In addition to being a full-time mommy and wife, I'm also a high school special ed. teacher and yearbook adviser.  We've started a new semester and are rushing to meet deadlines...and I am in desperate need of a vacation.  I'm tired.  When we're home, I am trying so hard to  focus on and live in the moment.  I don't want to worry about deadlines and paperwork.  I want to enjoy these extra special, won't-last-forever moments...like easy baking with my big girl and making the world's smallest cupcakes.  Her joy makes my day.  



We worked on a few projects around the house recently.  This...is me helping :)  The hubby likes me to at least pretend that I'm participating in these crazy endeavors, so I do.  I hold the boards and take the pictures.  That is our arrangement.  It's pretty fabulous, and it saves me from cutting off my finger or something.  


I tag along on projects, and he tags along with us girls.  That's how we roll.  He even joined us for an appreciation day because we were definitely going to be there.  Let me just say, in my honest opinion, every day is Hobby Lobby appreciation day :) 
so much crafty, colorful goodness, so little time...


We still make our way to swim lessons each week.  I am SO proud of my big girl.  She's come so far, and I can easily compare it with her learning to walk for the first time.  Isn't it just the most awesome thing to watch your babies learn to do something new?  The munchkin isn't quite old enough yet, but she has to at least look the part like her big sissy.  So much silliness under one roof...I don't know how we do it...


These two are either fighting or the best of friends.  One minute I hear screams and crying, and the next I hear sniggles and giggles.  One day, I hear my big girl say to her baby sister, "Why did you do that?  I am so pregnant at you!"  
Cue mommy, "Ummm, what exactly do you think pregnant means?"
She turns her little head to the side and gives me a funny look, "You know, like really mad."
Riiiiight...


I had a few more Instagram pics of the girls printed on canvas.  They are my faves.  I'm in love with them!  Canvas Pop is pretty awesome.  Have you heard of them?  They print your Instagram pictures onto canvas...it's fabulous.  And I totally did not get paid to say that, I just wanted to share the love :)


This was a little "it's a nice Saturday afternoon, and I really want to paint something" project.  I took an old, wooden mug tree tossed in the "to donate" pile and spray painted it with some leftover paint I had.  It took all of five minutes...until a bug flew into it.  Not even kidding.  An ugly little black bug flew into the wet spray paint and tried to wriggle loose.  Sigh.  Anyway, minus the bug, it's adorable.  I think I might use it to hang spools of ribbon...not really sure yet, but I love the color.  It makes me happy.  


Speaking of happy, I'm a total sucker for the slushies/icees (I don't even know what they are called) at Target because they make little girls happy.  And that is always a good thing when mommy has a little shopping to do.  Don't judge.


And on a final note, this post was completely random (much like our lives), but I haven't really shared much in a while, so I wanted to catch up a bit.  
These are just a few snapshots of our days...a few moments where I slow down, live in the moment, and count my blessings :)

Have a beautiful day!

Sharing these little moments with these bloggy friends:


life rearranged


friday favorite things | finding joy

18 comments:

  1. great post. i love reading about your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! :)

      Delete
  2. I used to love the Easy Bake oven when I was little. Did you have it? So cool that you get to share that with your girls :) I love what your oldest said about being pregnant at her! Ha!

    We are in the same place being overwhelmed yet trying to enjoy the moment, it is a struggle at times. I hope you get some rest time just for you very soon. Take care my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krista! :) My big girl got the Easy Bake oven from her grandma for Christmas! It's so much fun!! The goodies are SO tiny!! She just loves it :) I didn't have one as a child, but my sister did. It's such a great time! I hope you and your family are doing well!! Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. your girls are just adorable! treasure every moment you can :) i am headed back to work in just a few weeks & not sure how on earth i am going to make it through! any helpful tips to get back into the swing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrissi! :) Thanks so much for stopping by! It is so hard going back to work and leaving the babies...I've had to do it twice, and it's never easy. It has helped that my mom has kept them, but every day I am so ready to grab them up and head home! I hope everything goes well for you! Just soak up every moment when you're home with them :)

      Delete
  4. love this. you are a busy momma! I was yearbook editor in highschool and college. Never an advisor, but BOY I was so glad for my advisors. They impacted me. You are impacting those kiddos, too. Beautiful family, Amanda. I love that last pic! I am going to have to check out that canvas printing service for my instas. thanks for the heads up. xo, ab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Anne!! :) Yes, it is very busy...I love working with the yearbook staff, but some days, I wonder how much longer I can keep doing it...especially with two little girls who need me at home! Thanks so much for the sweet comments :) And you should definitely check into the canvas prints. I love them so much! Hope you're doing well, have a great day!!

      Delete
  5. adorable family! Thanks for sharing and keep on going your doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa!! :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. Awe!!! My big sis and I were the same way. Fighting tooth and nail one minute and then giggling like crazy the next.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! :) I try to remember that deep down they really love each other...at least I hope so ;) Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  7. I just fell in love with you & your blog! Newest follower! Feel free to follow back:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe!! :) Thanks so much for stopping by and following, Jonnique!! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  8. Oooohhh, friend, I wish you lived closer! I would totally wanna hang with you and your sweet fam! (If I were welcome to, that is. lol) I love this post! Such a cool glimpse into your everyday life! Your girls are so stinkin' cute and you are blessed to have a husband who helps you in the AM! (Hallelujah for that, huh?!) Love the bright blue mug tree! Aaaaand, so glad you mentioned canvas pop. I must be living under a rock because I've never heard of them before BUT I will definitely be looking into using them! I have some instagram shots that I want to hang on our wall forever.
    Have a great weekend!!
    Thank you for linking up with Let's Be Real!
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Becky, that would be so much fun!!!! :) I would LOVE to hang out together and let the girls play!! :) You would totally be welcome!! ~ Yes, I am SO thankful for the hubby...he keeps me sane even though I drive him crazy ;) And yes, you HAVE to check out Canvas Pop, they're awesome! I would so much rather have these instagram prints of the girls' random moments hanging on the walls than anything else! Thanks so much for stopping by and for the sweet comments :) Love the link-up!! Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete