Friday, December 28, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I love Christmas.  I've spent the past few weeks soaking up every moment. Christmas has always been such a special time for us.  My parents have made sure of that!  We rejoice in the birth of Christ, and we enjoy days and days of celebrations and time together.  There are smiles, laughter, hugs, story-telling, gifts, warmth, and so much amazing food.  I ate more than I ever should have, but my goodness was it good...and I savored every bite :)   

~ I have to share a little side note about food here.  I might pin recipes on Pinterest, buy pretty cookbooks, and watch The Foodnetwork, but a cook...I am not.  I managed to pull together a few things for our family Christmas meals, but for the most part, my awesome husband is our resident chef.  I present this conversation over my onion cutting skills to illustrate my point:

My hubby: “Let me show you how to cut an onion before you cut your thumb off.”

Me (while wearing sunglasses because my eyes were burning):  “I got this!”

Hubby:  “No, you don’t, give me the knife.”

My big girl: “Oh, thank you Lord for not letting mommy chop off her thumb!”


They think they're funny. ~  

So, besides sharpening my culinary skills, I have been playing with the girls, spending time with family, and just enjoying every precious moment.  I thought I would share a little after Christmas cheer and highlight some of my favorite moments with my favorite peeps.  

We spend a lot of time over at Biggi and Paw Paw's house (a.k.a. my mom and dad).  During Christmas, we practically live there.  My baby sister was in from college, and we had the best time.  We spent one night making gingerbread houses.  I think these two ate more icing and candies than we actually put on the house, but that's part of the fun, right. ;)




Our masterpiece :)  The poor roof started sliding apart.  I like to think it just had a custom sunroof.  It was pretty cute, fingerprints and all.  


A special visitor popped in one evening to see the kids.  Their faces were priceless.  


Christmas Eve was spent playing with a few new toys and making desserts.  There was never a shortage of coffee or sweet treats.  


The new rocking horse had to be examined with the new doctor kit.  Maybe I have a vet in training ;)


We seriously have a herd of rocking horses now.  


Dreamlights.  Aren't they the most fun?!  Both girls got one, and this is what it looks like when they go to bed.  Awesomeness.


The munchkin got a bike, and it's the most adorable thing ever...except for her in that helmet.  It took her some time to actually get on it, but she's warmed up to it now.  It even has a little bell.  Melt my heart.


And this is her new "bebe" that goes with us everywhere.  Silly girls.  


There were many great moments, but I was so busy and caught up in the excitement of it all, that I missed taking a lot of pictures.  (Does that happen to anyone else?) I feel so richly blessed beyond anything I could ever deserve, and I thank the Lord for these priceless moments and these overflowing blessings.  

I hope you and your families had a wonderful Christmas, and I wish you a Happy start to the new year!



friday favorite things | finding joy

life rearranged

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful holiday. Our three all have those star lights too. LOVE them. And I have an almost two year old very into babies too. Love it....especially after having my two boys first. Time for some gentle cute baby fun. LEgo and StarWars get plenty of attention too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sarah! :) Yes, I love the babies and all the other toys. Fun times!!

      Delete
  2. Aw love your gingerbread houses! I love family traditions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire!! :) Yes, family traditions are the best!!

      Delete
  3. So fun. So glad you had a great Christmas. Love the custom sunroof. And that last photo is so sweet! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anne! :) Yes, that sunroof was the best!! We laughed and laughed as it kept sliding apart. Hope you have a wonderful week and Happy New Year!!

      Delete