Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Fun of Ordinary Days

I got a little behind on my Insta-Friday posts.  Sharing my favorite moments throughout the week captured on my phone.  With these two little girlies running around, I never know what adventures await me.  They are so full of life.  They go from bickering and arguing to giggling uncontrollably.  There is such beauty and fun to be found in ordinary days, and I thank the Lord for each one.


I don't know that I've ever seen anyone enjoy juice boxes more.  


Or catch one with a bug net...


This is the goofiness adorableness I ride around with every day.  


My two munchkins and their shenanigans are full time entertainment.  I am so thankful for kids, because when they're not driving me crazy, they're making me smile and filling my heart with laughter.  They decided one night to "paint" each other.  One painted while the other posed.  Except we used "pretend" paint.  It was almost bedtime, and I wasn't feeling brave...or like cleaning up a big, colorful mess.  So, they used their imagination.  That's always good, right?  


And they continued this fun for the next several days.  
Imaginary paint is pretty great, I've decided.


We've been decorating and preparing for Christmas.  I love Christmas!  The celebration of our Savior's birth, spending time with family, decorations, lights, vacation days and sleeping in, awesome food...I could go on and on.  We put up our Christmas tree as soon as we returned home from our Thanksgiving at the beach.  We saved the unpacking for later.  Priorities ;)


The big girl brought home this "La Bamba" chihuahua from Biggi's house one night.  Ummm, after several hours of "La la bamba," I was ready to return it...or take out the batteries.  I have to admit, the two girls dancing around to the music were the cutest.  


My mom watched the girls one evening so this guy and I could hang out.  We get so busy with work, the girls, bills, life...very rarely do we get time together.  Just the two of us.  Sometimes, I really miss my husband.  Know what I mean?  Note to self:  really need to work on that...


We still take our afternoon walks, they are just much colder now.  We bundle up and enjoy the last few rays of afternoon sunshine before the early dark settles in on the bare trees.  I'm not a fan of evening coming so quickly now, but I do enjoy the warmth and coziness of home during the winter.


I hope your days have been filled with warmth, love, and fun!

life rearranged

friday favorite things | finding joy

http://christianmommyblogger.com

15 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this!!! Special occasions are...well, special. But the fun, laughter, and memories to be made on ordinary days is precious beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lizzy!! :) And yes, those special memories on ordinary days are the best!! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. So cute! And such fun memories they are sharing together! There is much to be found in ordinary days:) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Christina!! :) Yes, there is so much to be found...some days it may be harder to see than others, but it's there :) Have a blessed day!!

      Delete
  3. What a couple of hams you have! The pictures are so cute and shows what life is REALLY about! The days of nothing special other than being together. Have a blessed day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are such hams!!! We say that all the time, especially the little one. She's going to be the class clown for sure ;) Thanks so much for stopping by and for the kind comments, have a great day!!

      Delete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE My Silly Girlies and All of their Cuteness!!! And of course I love their Mommy and Daddy too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. While reading and soaking in your photos I just felt like crying! LOL! I just felt the power and love of you blessings and family! Your kids are adorable and I'm sure they just adore you. I'm so glad you got a night out with your hunny too. P.S. I'm still loving your blue tips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe!!! Shannon, thank you so much for such sweet comments!! :) I do feel so richly blessed, even during the crazy moments ;) and I just thank the Lord for each day!! Have you put any fun colors in your hair yet?! ;)

      Delete
  6. Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment.
    I LOVE the name of your blog. I am a major coffee lover! I'm also a new follower!;) God Bless you

    btw...beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comments Tonya!!! :) I appreciate you stopping by and following!! Have a blessed day!!

      Delete
  7. Your girls are seriously so cute! It looks like you all have a lot of fun!

    Your blog is really lovely - I love your perspective on life and the Lord. So encouraging! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - I'm so glad to have found yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes, we miss photographing the fun moments and that's a shame. Glad you didn't miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you guys take afternoon walks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the pictures! I have started to drag my camera out more, too. Sometimes I just get all caught up in life and forget to capture those fun moments. Your girls are so sweet and silly. I love sweet and silly - my boys are the same. Especially my youngest. He is 100% silly, that one. My oldest was born all grown up. He can be silly but he can be downright serious, too. :) Aren't kids so fun! Thanks for linking up. I'm closing down the Link Up party for now -- I'm trying to spend more time with family. But, I'll see you around on the other hops. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete