Friday, December 14, 2012

Praying...


So, so heavy hearted tonight...heartbroken and praying for families I have never known and families here at home.  There is sadness and suffering and unthinkable darkness everywhere it seems.  I don't even want to imagine how wrecked I would be without the hope and light of Jesus.  I am going to spend this night hanging on to my babies tighter than ever...and letting them eat as much candy as they want.  Every single precious moment is a gift.  I pray that you and your loved ones are together, safe, and wrapped up in God's loving arms.

"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying.  There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
~ Revelation 21:4 



11 comments:

  1. Yes the sadness is so heavy like a thick fog stifling our 'breath'. In Oregon where I live earlier in the week a shooting took two lives, who were described as warm loving people, a third lived with scars and is still in the hospital it could have been worse. Now this tragic event today. It is something we cannot even begin to think about. Praying for those parents who are missing 'children' and families who are missing loved ones. Also praying for the police officers who have no choice but to be involved with the tragic remains of this devastation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much sadness everywhere...my heart is heavy. Yes, still praying for so many tonight!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm from Oregon as well, and live 10 minutes from the mall where the shooting occurred. The devastating news from Connecticut reminds me of the gross darkness spoken of in Isaiah 60. I pray He will arise on us with His light and that His glory would be seen in His people. I'm here from Barbie's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was so awful, too, what a devastating week...I am praying the same, we need Him!!

      Delete
  3. Thank God for a community of believers who can and will pray for those in need.
    Standing in the gap,
    Trinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I'm so thankful for this blessed Sunday Community and for our Lord who hears prayers!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Amanda
    Yes, I know the comfort when our Lord wipes away our tears! I hope that we will all look at our kiddos with new eyes .... and allow them lots of more candy!!
    Praying with you.
    Much love XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mostly what I can say is "AMEN!!" ... focusing on the Lord and His kindness and grace and mercy. Touching hearts. Keeping them in His.

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am completely heartbroken over this tragedy. All I can think about are the parents who lost their babies. But I know that Jesus gives hope. I pray that they will feel His nearness and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot even imagine their pain...I also cannot imagine trying to make it through this world without Jesus. I am so thankful for the hope He gives!! I pray, too, that these families will find comfort and peace in Him!

      Delete