Wednesday, December 19, 2012

'O Merry Christmas Tree

The other night, the hubby wanted me to snuggle up on the couch and watch one of the Bourne movies with him...I'm still not really sure which one, let me check...Legacy, The Bourne Legacy (he just laughed at me).

I’m in a funk...maybe a depression, I don’t really know.  Even before the tragedy last Friday, my heart had been dragging the ground some days.  I mean, I am deeply thankful for every moment, every second with my loved ones.  I am so richly blessed and thankful for so much, I could just touch the sky...but then...this fallen, evil world grabs me and pulls me back down.  Does that make any sense?  I can't even watch the news anymore.  It's just too much.  So that night, I was just not in the mood for a violent, bloody, over-the-top Hollywood movie.  

BUT, I love hanging out with my husband...just being in the same room is enough for me.  So, I decided to join him but entertain myself and lift my own spirits by taking pictures of the Christmas tree for the Christmas Tree Link-up Parties with Veronica over at The Adventures of D and V and Jenna at The Life of the Wife  {You should totally join in!}  Rejoice, rejoice! :)  

Without further ado, here is our humble tree...with no ornaments around the bottom or presents underneath because I have a two year old and a dog.  
I think it's a little crooked, but no worries.  (I did actually try to straighten it, but it was more determined than I was.)  It still shines and brings us joy, so it's all good.


I let the girls decorate it.  Except for a few delicate ornaments around the top, I let them put everything else on the tree.  They were adorable and so excited.  I'm definitely not picky about the tree, so I really didn't care where the girls put the ornaments.  I want these traditions to be things they remember happily.  I don't want them to say something like, "Mom never let us touch the tree!"  However, I started to care a little more when the baby girl started popping the little hanger/tops off of the glass ball ornaments and wearing them on her fingertips...I did care a little then.  

These are a few of my favorites:






(This just cracks me up.  A firefighter Santa and a Starbucks ornament hanging together.  The hubby and I are totally represented on this tree!)

And we HAVE to include the handmade goodies the girls have created!  My big girl just finds a new spot on the tree each time she makes a new craft :)




This is not the best picture, but I wanted to show just how much Charlie Brown-Black enjoys the Christmas tree ;) It's really hard to get a picture of him where he looks like more than a little, black, fuzzy blob.  


By the end of the movie, I was running out of pictures to take and had slowly started watching, but I had no idea what was going on, so I was asking my husband a million questions which completely drives him crazy.  Do you do that?  I always do that.  {And I think it’s a clear sign that I have ADD when high speed action scenes don’t even hold my attention.}  All I know is (spoiler alert), at the end, the guy and the girl were together and “getting lost” on a large ship in the middle of the ocean.  I could totally handle that part.  Maybe next year...

But for now, I would just like to wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas!!



Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.  For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."
~ Luke 2:10 & 11

Have a blessed day!


Sharing this post with these lovely ladies:

Apples of Gold


12 comments:

  1. Aww, what a special tree! I dont have any presents under my tree either, but that's not because of a dog or kids...I'm just running behind on wrapping this year :) Thanks so much for sharing your tree! I LOVE that last picture of the nativity ornament - so beautiful! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for this fun link-up!! :) I'm terrible at wrapping...I've been doing one present a night ;) Thanks so much for the kind comments, and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  2. I have 4 dogs & that's one of the first things they are trained on - not to touch the presents under the tree :) Now, how to train a child to do that??? haha! We do keep any candy or food gifts up though - no temptations for them.
    Beautiful tree!!!
    merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! :) Yeah, I worry more about the baby girl getting into stuff than the pup. Her little hands are into everything ;) Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  3. So lovely! Why do all husbands love Bourne movies? hahaha

    Love your ornament photos - still have trouble getting those!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good question!! LOL ;) Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, too!!! :)

      Delete
  4. I love your tree and all your special ornaments. Enjoy these years with your children. Mine are grown now and I rather miss those times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love kids handmade ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE ... Beautiful ... The Christmas Tree, The Ornaments, All my Girlies and their Daddy (husband) ... and Charlie Brown Black! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I loved looking at the pics of ornaments on your tree. It's so cool to see other people's trees and how they decorate. I'm working on a post of ornaments on my tree - we have some that are pretty whacked. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to have handmade ornaments. The girls did a great job!
    Found you from the super sunday link up.

    Merry Christmas!

    Teressa @ newbornmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel just like you, thankful for all the rich blessings I have but scared and heartbroken at the evil around us.

    Beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete