Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving by the Seashore

We spend our family Thanksgivings at the beach.  My Dad farms through the summer, so we vacation in the off-season...and I have always loved that.  We are usually on the beach in boots and stocking hats, but we have a blast.  (And you can't beat eating Thanksgiving dinner while watching the waves.)

I shared my first round of favorite photos from our beach holiday in the post Salt Air in Our Hair, and I managed to take some of those with my "real camera" as the hubby calls it.  But more times than not, I am snapping photos with my phone.  So, below are more of my favorites taken through my iPhone and filtered through Instagram or Snapseed (sometimes both) for Insta-Friday.

I call this my Soda Counter Crew.  We had awesome burgers, fries, and shakes at this fun little diner.  I am so thankful for these three, my most treasured blessings.  


This is one of my favorite little towns.  I love the ships.  I feel that the hubby and I need one in our lives.  


And then we can just retire here.  I would totally be ok with that.  Maybe next year...next month...next week...


I love perusing little antique shops.  I could seriously stay all day.  But usually, I am pushing a two year old...in a stroller, and she likes to clear shiny, pretty, breakable trinkets from the shelves at her eye level.  Perfect.  I did manage to grab this vintage wood crate.  I adore it.  I'm thinking I might keep books in it.  


This picture makes me laugh.  Yes, we are at the beach, and this is how we spend some of our time.  Oh, technology.


Those cute little boots didn't stay on those cute little feet once we hit the sand.  


I just love these little feeties.  


My little beach bum ;)


It was cloudy for a few days, but we finally saw the sunshine.  
There is nothing quite like being at the ocean.  


My dad and the munchkins.  I thank the Lord for these priceless moments.  


Trying to get them both to look at the camera at the same time is nearly impossible.  
Their hats are cute, though, so it's all good.


This one decided to pack herself.  I am most certainly not ready to pack.  It's been such a wonderful week.  Why do vacations go by so quickly?  Reality, I am not ready to return to you.  Just sayin'.


I hope you and yours had a blessed and beautiful Thanksgiving!

life rearranged

friday favorite things | finding joy

http://christianmommyblogger.com

16 comments:

  1. Your pictures are seriously amazing! You have a beautiful family and talent girl! Blessings to you on this Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ashley!! I appreciate the kind comments :) I am always chasing my girls around with some kind of camera ;) I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful memories in your candid photos of your beautiful family Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such great memories and traditions!! :) Hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

      Delete
  3. All of your Thanksgiving pictures are gorgeous! I'm glad your family was able to enjoy such a lovely time together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, and thanks for stopping by!! :)

      Delete
  4. These photos are breathtaking! great post and happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aprille!! :) Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elizabeth!! :) Have a blessed day!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos, Amanda! What a fun time for you. I especially love the photo of the girls at the beach with the boots in the foreground. Nice find too at the antique store. Love those old crates. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne!! :) I love that picture, too, it's one of my favorites!! Thanks for stopping by, have a blessed day!!

      Delete
  7. LOVE our Thanksgiving's at the Beach! ... and ALL of the special Memories we make each year ... and the Traditions we carry on each year!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! :) I do, too, and I'm so thankful for them!! Love you!!!

      Delete
  8. Your photos are just absolutely beautiful! What app do you use to edit them?

    Enjoy your final days of vacation! Everything looks so nice I wouldn't want it to end either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness - these are breathtaking...and having grown up near the coast all my life, I can totally relate to enjoying the ocean at any time of year. I've spent Christmas on the Coast before (Seaside, OR). Thank you for sharing these truly amazing pictures...and for linking up with me. I hope you have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete