Thursday, November 1, 2012

Insta-Friday Favorites & Babies on the Mend

We had some strong winds, some rain, and a brief power outage this week.  It was kind of fun, especially with the girls.  They were so excited (after we found a few candles and flashlights).  Running around the house giggling and squealing, they had the best time.  


This one didn't let the darkness stop her from reading.  She reads all the time.  
It's awesome.  Definitely one of my favorite things!


We grabbed some blankets and snuggled up for the evening.  It was the best.  Sometimes it's nice for everything to be shut off.  I love the cozy, quiet, simpleness of it.  


It turned cold this week.  


Really cold.  
But I get to wear this scarf.  My mom made it.  It's warm, cozy, beautiful.  
It makes me think of her.  I love it.


But let me just say, for the record, that dragging my two babies out of bed when it's freezing cold and dark outside is not one of my most favorite things.  I actually really hate it.  I wish we could just hibernate stay cozied up at home through the cold days...or at least not have to leave the house until the sun has had a chance to wake up and stretch.  


It was still dark outside when I had to load them up this morning to head to Biggi's and school.  Look at them all bundled up...but they're still smiling.  I love those little smiles.  They make me smile.  And that early in the morning, I need all the help I can get.  


But I will admit that getting out of the house so early gives us a glimpse of this...


The sky was just amazing.  It was hard to drive.  I kept slowing down, stopping...at one point I handed my phone to my big girl to take pictures...she took a video instead.  God's glory was all around us.  I kind of forgot about our warm, cozy beds.

Who knew, after such a beautiful morning, that my crew would end up in the doctor's office by the end of the day.  Allergies, an ear ache, and tonsillitis.  My poor babies.  They got shots, medicine...new toys.  

 This photo of how to properly complete medical paperwork sent by 
Biggi who is so awesome and helps us tremendously!

It was a week, for sure, but I'm so thankful for a warm home, beautiful skies, and babies on the mend.  
Hope you had a great one!

life rearranged

friday favorite things | finding joy

http://christianmommyblogger.com

18 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your babies are sick. The sky has been just breathtaking lately. I have always been in awe over Gods beautiful images that are available for all to see. Have a wonderful weekend :)


    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry your babies are sick. The sky has been just breathtaking lately. I have always been in awe over Gods beautiful images that are available for all to see. Have a wonderful weekend :)


    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry your babies are sick. The sky has been just breathtaking lately. I have always been in awe over Gods beautiful images that are available for all to see. Have a wonderful weekend :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krissi, me too! I hope we all get better soon!! The sky really has been beautiful, and I'm so thankful for God's glory!! :) Thanks for reading, have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  4. Love my Babies and sure do hate them being sick! I hope they are feeling better soon!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by with Fellowship Fridays. Hope your babies are feeling better soon. www.npmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nataline, and thanks for stopping by!! Have a great day!! :)

      Delete
  6. Hope everyone is well soon. I agree on the morning cold... reason #1274 of why I homeschool my 7.... LOL. Have a GREAT weekend

    Xoxo GiGi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much GiGi, and thanks for stopping by!! :) Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  7. Aw hope your girlies are better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Krista!! :) Have a beautiful day!!

      Delete
  8. Hope your girls are feeling better.

    I agree...I like cold days...when you can stay in and do things like stay in your pjs and bake cookies : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily!! :) and I think pjs and cookies are a perfect combo on cold days!! ;) Thanks for stopping by, have a blessed day!!

      Delete
  9. Hoping a speedy recovery for your girls! I think the beautiful skyline would make me forget about warm beds but I have a much harder time with the time change this weekend...I HATE that it will be completely dark by 5 pm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marty!! We're slowly getting there. I know what you mean about the time change...I almost forgot about that! Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great day!!

      Delete
  10. Oh what a wonderful scarf!! I love scarves. Almost as much as I love not needing to use them. A good scarf makes the cold endurable. // You have such a sweet family. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great week! // xoxo Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne!! :) Thanks so much for stopping by and for the kind comments :) Yes, scarves are pretty fabulous (Although this is the only one I tend to wear, I love seeing them on other people!!) Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!

      Delete