Friday, November 9, 2012

Insta-Friday Favorite Moments

Thank the Lord, we are feeling much better this week, but we are still on our daily medicine regimen.  Convincing this little monkey to take her medicine is a trip.  She finally comes around, but not before making us work for it!


I joined many people praying so hard for this nation before the election.  I voted.  I am still praying.  For the nation, for the people, for the future...for my children.  I pray that God has not yet given up on America...


I took the big girl to gymnastics.


The munchkin tagged along.  She doesn't like to be confined or sit still, so taking her places is always an adventure.  We have to find some kind of entertainment.  
A trampoline works.


We enjoyed some fall sunshine.  I love these quiet, beautiful moments.   


We ran a few errands with Biggi...after they finally got buckled in their seats.  


We stopped by the nursing home to visit Papa Z and found a lovely little collection of books...that were not so kid-friendly.  I probably shouldn't have taken a picture, but I couldn't help myself.  My big girl picked up this book and said, "Look!  It's Adam and Eve!"  I died.  


Being at the nursing home with Pappy just does something to me.  It moves me, wrecks me.  My heart aches.  As we walk by rooms, we smile and say hi...and I wonder about each person.  I think about what their lives were like when they were younger, what kinds of stories they could tell, who they love and who loves them.  
I am thankful for this time with my own loved one.  


Papa Z loves this little munchkin.  She is silly.  She makes him smile...he makes her smile.  And I love the collection of books she's guarding.  She's not trying to read a single one, she just doesn't want anyone else to have them.  I love this picture.  Priceless.


After working, running errands, visiting loved ones, and whatever else life calls for, we finally head home to unwind and enjoy our evenings together.  My favorite part of the day.


"A quiet heart is content with what God gives. It is enough. All is grace."
~ Elisabeth Elliot

So deeply thankful for another second, another moment, another blessed week!
Have a beautiful day :)

life rearranged

friday favorite things | finding joy

http://christianmommyblogger.com

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea as a weekly family wrap-up in photos! I found your blog on a Friday link-up - beautiful family, and I love what you shared in "embracing the light" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ... I'm still laughing about "Adam and Eve" that was hilarious and after such a week ... we needed a good laugh! I know PapaZ really enjoyed our visit! Especially with the babies! They always make him smile!
    Love you!
    Mom

    PS ... Livi Lou Whoo is "PLAYING" you! She takes her medicine right down every day and seems to like it ... she was actually trying to open it the other day .. I guess she thought she needed more ... she got upset when I took it from her! :-) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam and Eve...ha! Glad everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete