Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hang On, Lola, Hang On

Weekends are the best.  They give this mommy time to hang out with my loves, catch up on laundry, schedule hair appointments, take road trips with my mom...all kinds of lovely stuff.  And I am so thankful!

 I had so much fun with the teal I put in my hair before, I decided to keep it.  My hairdresser {Krissi} is the best.  I told her she works magic.  I go in there with a random thought...you know, something like, "Help me look young and beautiful."  And because I can never ever get my hair to look like it does after she fixes it.  Does that happen to anyone else?


The color is so fun and refreshing.  Sometimes mommy needs that.  


I also need this squeezable, pint-size cuteness.  Look at those nails (painted by her Auntie) and that belly!  I die.


We hit the road with Biggi this weekend.  I love spending time with my mom.  I'm so thankful for every second.  But I hate traveling.  I mean, I REALLY dislike traveling.  (My big girl corrects me every time I use that word.)  Honestly, the girls travel better than I do...sigh.  And I don't even know what they're doing (boredom had set in) but they're so cute doing it.  


This is how I use my time wisely and beat the traveling blues.  (What on earth we did before cell phones and Instagram, I can't even remember.)



And I spent part of the trip consoling Lola and trying to convince her to stay attached to the window.  


Her suction cup no longer suctioned.  I don't know if it was just my delirious traveling state, but I thought a GPS attached to the window with shipping tape was the funniest thing.  


These random moments are the best.  Laughing out loud for little reason at all, surrounded by loved ones, and sporting blue hair.  Good times ;)  
Thank you Lord for these and so many other blessings!

Hope you had a great weekend!

miscellany monday at lowercase letters

Covered in Grace

16 comments:

  1. LOL! That taped up GPS is funny! Thanks for sharing your weekend, what great pics. We take a lot of road trips as a family so I got a built in GPS in my new car. We recently sold our old GPS unit at a yard sale. When my daughter found out, she literally cried. Apparently it was a member of our family and I didn't know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! They really are like members of the family, I didn't even think about that!! ;) We have traveled so much with that thing!! It's sad to see her in such pitiful shape...but it was such a great moment! Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great day!! :)

      Delete
  2. Love it! You rock that blue hair mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair! I've wanted to do something fun like that for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon!! :) You totally should!! It's so fun!

      Delete
  4. Oohh I love your hair, I had teal in my hair this summer and I miss it!! I am a horrible traveler too, my husband says I am worse than a five year old. I tell myself that I just have a short attention span :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire!! It's something fun...makes me smile :) I am such a horrible traveler!! I definitely have a short attention span, too, it drives the loved ones around me crazy! ;)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comment on my post today. I replied via email but not sure if you will get it ( i think it said you were a no-reply?) Anyways I am now your newest follower and excited to read more and get to know you. Your family pictures are just precious. You are so right...what did we do before cell phones and instagram ha.
    Be blessed
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat!! :) Thanks so much for stopping by and for the kind comments!! I am so glad to have you reading along!! After your note, I went and changed some of my settings ;) so I hope that works for the future!! Have a blessed day!!

      Delete
  6. LOVE the hair- I did a pink streak not long ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole!! :) I wanted something fun and fresh!

      Delete
  7. I love how your hair turned out!! I would so love to do some hot pink in my hair.. I'm just not sure I could pull it off. Your little girl is so adorable! & Dang, that's a bummer about Lola :( Ours doesn't always like to suction. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kenzie!! :) You should totally do the pink! I probably shouldn't really try to pull off the blue/teal, but I did it anyway...it's fun ;) Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great day!!

      Delete
  8. Oh my word. LOVE IT!! What a fun, fun post. Thank you for sharing and linking up!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Rosilind!! :) We did have a great time, never a dull moment when we all get together! ;)

      Delete