Thursday, November 8, 2012

Embracing the Light

"You are the light of the world.  A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden...Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." ~ Matthew 5:14 & 16

Everywhere I turn lately, there is bleakness...the road seems longer, harder, darker.  People are tired, frustrated, done.  I know how tired I am, but just tonight I realized how tired my husband seems.  Oh, how thankful I am for him.  He works so hard for us...he carries this family on his broad, strong shoulders and in his heart.  Together, we think long and hard about the future because we have two bright souls looking up at us and depending on us.  It is their future for which we work, hope, and pray.  Our shining blessings.


We must live with a fervent, unwavering faith.  As the world gets darker, we must draw ourselves closer to the One who shines brightest and controls everything.  Oh, there is so much beautiful, brilliant, loving hope...and it is in Him alone.  

"Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, 'I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.'" ~ John 8:12

One of our deepest prayers is that our girls will know and love Him.  
May we live so that He will shine through our own lives.  


So we pray.  Pray.  And we breathe, we work, we live, we play...we keep faith.  We share the precious love and light of Jesus with others.  

"Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever." ~ Daniel 12:3


I do not know what the future holds...and sometimes, honestly, that's scary.  {Especially with two little girls in tow.}  But I am so thankful that we have placed our lives in much bigger hands ~ the hands that created the universe, the hands that were nailed to that old rugged cross, the hands that hold us daily.  

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous hand."
~ Isaiah 41:10

Thanks to the Lord, there is so much to be thankful for, so much to smile about, 
so many reasons to just be happy.  
Through Him, may the roads get shorter, easier, brighter.  
With love as I head off to put our shining little futures in the bath tub and catch up on The Happy Day Project, 

4 comments:

  1. Such an encouraging post to read after so much gloom and doom from people since the election. God promises that His kingdom shall prevail and that nothing came separate us from His love so...Onward Christian soldiers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully said Amanda! I feel like my Hubsy and I are in a similar place. Praying so hard to do right by our kids with some of these struggles. Keeping faith as I wait for answers, sounds like you are too.

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! All I can say is THANK YOU for your words of wisdom! I'm so PROUD of you and I SOOOOO needed this as a reminder ... I know that God is in Total and Complete control ... but at times Life has a way of getting us down! ... and after the last couple of days ... I KNOW I need to work on my attitude!
    Love You!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete