Thursday, November 29, 2012

Being Real & Embracing Thanksliving

November has been a month of overflowing thanks.  Everywhere, folks are listing things for which they are thankful.  I try so hard to be thankful each and every day for the countless blessings God has shared with me.  November can come and go, but my thanks will continue to flow.  Without a doubt, the gift for which I am most thankful is the precious, saving blood of Jesus.  The perfect gift.  The greatest love.  

I am thankful for my family and friends and every precious moment with them.  

I am thankful for the dry roof over our heads, our place we call home.  Our house is small and humble, but it's warm and cozy.  It is always needing repairs, but the Lord has blessed my husband with the knowledge and skills to do those himself. 

I am thankful for the little things.  I hate REALLY dislike Mondays and early mornings and having to race around like a crazy person dragging my two girls out into the cold...but when my big girl hands me a picture like this on our way to the truck, she helps me start the day with a smile.  I am thankful for these priceless little cards.


I am thankful for our big girl.  She doesn't like to listen, she's impossible to get up in the mornings.  She whines and drags herself around in the floor at times, but she is so smart and beautiful.  She has a heart of gold and corrects me when I say things like hate or stupid (see, I have my moments...and I should totally not say those words).  She sings along to the radio at the top of her lungs, and it's the best. 


She makes cards to make me smile.  She yearns for praise and hugs and kisses.  She is a cuddler and a snuggler.  She looks like her daddy, and I love that.  


I am thankful for the munchkin.  Some days, I have no words.  She bites and hits and cries.  She gets cranky (she probably gets that from me) and throws tantrums (she totally gets that from me), but she is our baby.  And she is silly, a total clown.  She plays dress up and twirls like a ballerina.  She gives hugs and kisses and even licks when she's pretending to be a puppy.  She has dimples, and her little grin is adorable.  I am so thankful for this angel even though her halo gets a little crooked at times, and she stomps potato chips in the middle of the floor.


I am thankful for every minute that God blesses me on this earth with my loved ones.  But, I'm human.  It's not always rainbows and picture perfection.  I get tired, down, frustrated, unsatisfied...etc., etc.  Some days I feel as if I have one of those little rain clouds floating above me.  I have those fleeting moments when I want to throw up my hands.  But then, I hear my girls giggle, or I get one of these adorable handmade cards, or little arms wrap around my neck, and those moments quickly pass.  
I realize just how blessed I am and how deeply thankful I am for every moment.  
I find my way back to "Thanksliving" :)  



I am also thankful for hot coffee, sweet tea, warm blankets, blue jeans, country living, laughing until I cry, good books, vacations, online shopping, Instagram...I could just go on all night ;)




Apples of Gold

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful to read your post and catch up about your delightful family.
    I have taken down My Sunday Quote, and thank you sincerely for joining me.
    Hugs and Blessings.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet list. Enjoy the just for mommy drawings, they grow out of making these too quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda - As I read this I'm thinking wow, her oldest is JUST LIKE my oldest. And then her youngest is JUST LIKE my youngest. And then yet still she is JUST LIKE me! I totally have rainclouds over my head many a day ;) But like you, I'm so grateful that those precious "little" moments come in and sweep the clouds away. We are so abundantly blessed huh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post!

    And I'm totally agreeing with all of the things you're thankful for : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. getting teary here! those summaries of your girls were priceless. so real and honest, so full of love and of the bittersweet moments of motherhood i know so well. and combined with those drawings i was getting all weepy. thanks for sharing them with us. and hey, what's your instagram name? look me up! leslie_padgett ;) thanks for linking up today too, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And of course ... Love it once again! You know I have to be your BIGGEST Fan ... because I'm biased!
    Enjoy every minute with your/our Baby-Girlies ... because time does FLY and before you know it they will be Big like you! Seems like just yesterday you were doing all of the sweet things for me that Ali is doing for you! I still have some of those Sweet Cards!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list of things you're thankful for. Being thankful turns it all around sometimes. I love your little ones' drawings. They remind me of the ones I used to get. So sweet. Happy December to you!

    ReplyDelete