Sunday, October 21, 2012

We Didn't Waste a Moment

There's this girl, and I pretty much love her to pieces.  My baby sister is the best.  She came home from college for a short weekend, and we didn't waste a moment!



After lunch together Saturday, we spent the evening around a campfire.  It's fall, and it was a Saturday night, ergo, we built a fire and made s'mores.  That's just how we do.  



A trio of goodness gathered together in a cute basket for our enjoyment.  Yes, please and thank you!

At one point I looked, and this little cutie patootie was "slow" roasting her marshmallows like this...



It was the cutest thing ever.  She made me laugh.  She finally figured it out, though, after watching her big sissy.  



I pray that my two girls will be as close as my sister and I.  I am so thankful for our friendship.  

This photo was taken with love by Biggi ;)

The girls were excited to see their "Auntie."  It was the best night.  We sat around the fire talking and catching up on life...mostly hers because she's all young and in college.  My excitement revolves around the daily shenanigans of two little girls and the three thousand loads of laundry that seem to never get done.  (Please note: I am not complaining, I am just stating facts with slight exaggerations.) 

The next day we took a trip into one of our favorite mountain towns for a pancake breakfast, a corn maze, and colorful foliage.  I seriously adore little country stores.  




We left with all sorts of delightful things.  Pumpkins, sweet potatoes, cabbage, apple butter...skittles.  Oh, fall, you are my absolute favorite.  



We decided to get lost in a corn maze because we had never been through this one.  It seemed like a good idea...especially since this particular maze didn't have anyone or anything that would jump out and try to scare me the girls. 




You know how at the beginning of a new adventure everyone is all excited, and it seems like a really awesome idea...but then, about half way through, everyone starts walking a little slower and the enthusiasm starts wasting away because everyone's getting tired?  We kind of got to that point.  It was fun, and we had a great time (especially watching the girls), but the candy store was calling our names.  

We made a few new friends.  Horses parked in a candy store parking lot.  Does it get any better, really?



After the candy store we had to say goodbye. {tears}  The baby sister had to get on the road and head back.  We had such a blast this weekend.  We laughed and joked and talked.  I am so thankful for every moment.  



I found this print listed in this Etsy shop...



and I think it's just perfect!  I couldn't have said it any better.  And I really hope my girls will one day feel the same way. :)



Hope you had a wonderful weekend!


miscellany monday at lowercase letters

14 comments:

  1. Love it! Such a FUN (but SHORT) weekend! Love our "special" times together! LOVE my Girls!!! :-)
    Missing my Baby Girl already!!! Counting the days until Thanksgiving and More FUN!!! :-)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an awesome weekend, but yes, very short! I LOVE our time together!!! :) And yes, I am super excited about Thanksgiving!! Love you!

      Delete
  2. I went to visit my sister this weekend too, after not seeing her for a few months--just like you said, we didn't waste a moment! And I love your description of the corn maze experience. It's fun but it gets a little frustrating toward the end if you get yourselves too lost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss my sister so much when she's away!! I am so thankful for technology :) And I'm really thankful we made it out of that corn maze ;) Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. Hi there!
    what a fun weekend! That's so awesome you and your sister have such a great relationship. I just found your blog through the covered in grace link up and Im now following you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon! :) Yes, I am SO thankful for my sister and our relationship. It's such a blessing!! Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day :)

      Delete
  4. awww, sounds super fun! i'm the oldest of three girls and we are super close too, so I totally get you how it always get teary when you have to say goodbye.
    It looked like you guys had lots of fun and I love apple butter, soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah Jo! It really is so hard to say goodbye! I'm so thankful for technology :) And I think apple butter is just the best!! Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!!

      Delete
  5. awwww, you made me miss my sister - love fam moments - glad you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. what a sweet post. I bet it is so fun to watch your girls growing to be as close as you and your sister. I would love my little girl to have a baby sister. I had two younger brothers and I always wanted a sister. What a special relationship sisters have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tara!! I hope my girls will be close...some mornings they wake up fighting ;) I do think sisters have such special relationships! Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!

      Delete
  7. Now this looks like so much fun! What a wonderful post!!

    ReplyDelete