Monday, October 15, 2012

Little Hands ~ A Fall Craft

Sometimes I just get the urge to throw something together with whatever supplies we have on hand and let the girlies have some fun.  My big girl had been feeling down and out most of the day and wanted to go outside after spending hours face planted on the couch.  Fresh air is good for the soul...and for little bodies that don't feel well, so I bundled them up and took them outside.  I happened to bring along a project just because.  I think that’s sometimes one of the best reasons to do something, “just because.”



I had this awesome fall printable from Lauren at Mercy Ink, a random assortment of half-used bottles of paint, an old canvas, and some burlap that my mom had given me (burlap is seriously one of my most favorite things...next to coffee...and blue mason jars).  Oh, and I also had two adorable, very excited little girls.  Perfect. We were all set!





To get a head start, I hot-glued the piece of burlap to my old canvas while the munchkin was napping.  After she woke up, we wrapped up and took everything outside to get messy.  



I cut around the edges of the printable with scrapbooking scissors while the girlies ran around the yard collecting sticks.  We put some of those sticks to good use and made a frame for the print.  

This little cutie saw the paint and was ready to go!  She didn't care what we were making.  (Note: I just had to include the abundance of afternoon sunshine pouring through the trees.  I have a weakness for it.  Together with this adorable grin, my heart is happy!)



Surprisingly, we managed to make our craft without any major catastrophes or crying spells or getting paint everywhere...I was more than a little impressed.





When little hands are full of paint, there is little time for perfect placement or planning.  Just put them wherever...but preferably not on mommy's pants.  I LOVE these little hands. God is so good.

This is our fall craft in all its glory and cuteness.  The girls were SO proud of it.  By this point, however, the munchkin's attention span had been pushed to its limit, and since we were done painting, she was done crafting.  In the rest of the pictures, she is a little pink blur.  This is as good as it gets. ;)






I am so deeply thankful for every sweet, simple moment with my little loves and 
for these priceless pieces of artwork which decorate our house.  

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His love endures forever."
~ 1 Chronicles 16:34
Have a beautiful day! :)


24 comments:

  1. Aw loved this! The girls are so cute and the photos have definitely an Autumn feel to them ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :) Have a beautiful day!!

      Delete
  2. What a cute idea! I love your daughter's hat, too. :-)

    Stef @ Miss Jo and Co.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stefani!! :) She loves that hat and wears it everywhere!! ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness this is SO sweet!!! and so glad you were able to use the Give Thanks printable! love it :)
    thanks for linking up at our heart+home linky.
    blessings,
    lauren www.mercyinkblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren!! :) I'm glad you liked it!! I loved the printable and just had to use it!! :) Thanks for the print and the link-up, have a beautiful day!!

      Delete
  4. This is adorable! I love the twig frame for the print. And those precious little hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista!! :) They worked so hard collecting those little twigs, we just had to use some of them! Thanks for stopping by, have a blessed day!!

      Delete
  5. Hey! I just nominated you for the Liebster Award, an award for up-and-coming bloggers of under 200 followers. You can check out details here jeannieleigh.blogspot.com

    I'm so glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW!! :) Thank you so much Jeannie!!! :) I am honored!! Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great day!!

      Delete
  6. Very, very cute! And what adorable girls! LOVE the hats. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mindy!! :) Have a blessed day!!

      Delete
  7. What a cute craft!! I have often coveted the ability of people such as yourself to create beauty out of seemingly nothing. I don't have a crafty bone in my body . . . but then again, I guess it's comforting
    to know I am part of a much larger Body.
    So awesome to see you using your gifts and blessing your family!
    (and thanks for visiting me, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind comments Kelli!! :) I am always wanting to create something, especially with the girls, but sometimes it takes a while for really great idea to come to me ;) Thanks so much for visiting!! Have a blessed day!!

      Delete
  8. Hi! Dropping in from "Beautiful Thursdays" and I think this craft is adorable! Very fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shari!! :) Have a beautiful day!!

      Delete
  9. That is so adorable! :) Thank you for sharing! I love last minute beautiful ideas! We're neighbors at Beautiful Thursdays :) Blessings! simplyhelpinghim.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Misty!! :) Sometimes those last minute, random ideas are the best!! :) Thanks for stopping by, have a blessed day!!

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, so nice to meet you and I LOVE your blog! Im your new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ashley!! I love how this bloggy world brings people together!! :) Have a blessed day!!

      Delete