Sunday, October 28, 2012

Leaves, Lollipops, and a Little Thanksliving

As another weekend and another month come to a close, 
I'm excited for a few reflections and another Thanksliving with Leslie at Top of the Page.  (I am also super excited for Christmas music and movies on the horizon, but I will save that for another post.)

At this time of the year, I am thankful for the beauty and brilliance of fall.  My girls are thankful for the mountains of leaves that grace our space.



Personally, I am more thankful for the rich colors.  I am thankful for this lovely, peaceful road to our home.  We have taken many walks up and down this drive through all the seasons.  I have strolled newborn girlies up this drive and watched as they learned to walk up it.  Now they race.  


On a side note, I am not so thankful for these little guys...well, at least not for the ones that settle right in my path and try to bring me down.  I knew it was coming, and I seriously almost hit the ground the other day after slipping on these bad boys.  But, thankfully, my elbow caught the side of my truck, and I managed to stay on my feet...sort of...gracefulness is not one of my strengths.  


I am really thankful that this little toothie decided to quit hanging out, and this brave girlie finally pulled it herself.  Her second baby tooth gone...she is officially growing up way too fast.  


I am deeply thankful for every priceless second with my loved ones.  Especially my Pappy who's been sick and is fighting hard.  I LOVE how he smiles when he sees the little ones.  He lights up, and my heart rejoices.



I mean, does it get much better than that?  A little supergirl dressed in pink was there to save the day and bring happiness to all those around her.  And to collect apples in her Halloween bucket from the kind nurses.  

Then she flew rode along with mom and dad to a Trunk or Treat where she and batgirl scored all kinds of sugary goodness.  I am so grateful for our church family and times of fellowship such as these.  I am also thankful for my amazing husband, his love, and his presence in our lives.  


(Secretly, I am thankful for toothbrushes and deep cabinets to hide some of this candy.)


Honestly, though, they have had so much candy already.  Dum Dums appear to be their treat of choice.  I am thankful for my own Lollipop Guild. ;)


I'm thankful for these sticky smiles.  And big pink bows on cute little girls.


I am especially thankful for (somewhat) quiet evenings cozied up at home and coloring special dresses for tiny paper dolls with my big girl.  


I am also thankful for my Sunday school class and beloved church family, lunch with my parents (and a Daddy who still pays my way), a Starbucks run with my mom, a munchkin who still takes afternoon naps, and, at this very moment, the mountains of laundry that are slowly dwindling, my Keurig, and apple butter cinnamon rolls with caramel frosting (totally happening now).  God is so wonderfully great, and I am so completely undeserving. 

"Let my mouth be filled with Your praise
And with Your glory all the day." 
~ Psalm 71:8

I hope you've had a wonderful month filled with many blessings! :)



miscellany monday at lowercase letters

15 comments:

  1. You have so much to be thankful for! This is my first time here (through Meet up Monday linky party) and am now a follower. I look forward to digging deeper into your blog when I have more time. (Have to leave for work in 10 minutes.) I was never big on lollipops--my favorite has always been chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen!! :) I am so glad you stopped by!! Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely lovely pictures. Fall is my favorite time of year. Popping over from Miscellany Monday. Blessings from Croatia: A Little R & R: www.littlerandr.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! :) Fall is my favorite, too!! Have a blessed day!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful ... Love my Girlies ... and so Thankful for ALL of our FUN times and Memories together! .... And so Thankful and Looking Forward to Thanksgiving!!! ... and yes, THAT will be another FUN Story to tell! :-)
    Love You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love you Biggi!! :) And yes, we are SO ready for Thanksgiving!!! I feel many, many posts on that ;)

      Delete
  4. My son is on the verge of losing his first tooth, I am not ready for him to have grown up teeth yet! You are so right, they grow up too fast! Praying for your Pappy and your family. The presence of little ones can be so healing for us all.

    Hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krista!! :) Thanks so much for your prayers!! You are so right, little ones are healing in so many wonderful ways :) Have a beautiful day!!

      Delete
  5. I love how a community of thankfulness is formed as soon as someone takes the time to share what they are thankful for...it's impossible to read your post and not be thankful for my own blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the many reasons I love this bloggy world!! :) Thank you so much for your kind comments and for stopping by! Have a beautiful day!!

      Delete
  6. Love those fall colors! And church families are the best. I definitely appreciate my church friends now that we're coasts away from our families.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post! I loved all these photos. That path leading to your home is BEE-U-TEE-FULL. Enjoy it for me! Our pathway is nowhere near as pretty. =) Your girls are so pretty! Love their little costumes! And those photos of them with your pappy truly melted my heart. Loved this post! {Your newest follower via Leslie's Thanks-living link up.}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have so much to be thankful for; so happy for you. And I too am excited for Christmas music. Does November 1 mark the beginning of Christmas music season? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such beautiful fall photos!! :) What a fantastic post! Stopping by from Thanksliving!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amanda, I'm so jealous of your leaves. Here in SoCal, I've spotted ONE tree that is a pretty color. ONE! Isn't that ridiculous? My kids yearn for leaf piles to jump in and we just don't get them. Also, I'm loving your hot pink supergirls!! How cute are they both. That was so sweet how they are bringing delight to your Pappy. Thanks so much for linking up. Loved the glimpse into your overflowing heart of thankfulness.

    ReplyDelete