Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's Getting all Soupy & Stuff

I decided that since most of my posts have been about our girls, I should take a few minutes to give some thanks and love to the guy who helped me get those two rockin' rays of sunshine.  

When I told him about my master plan to write about him, he just grinned, shook his head, and said, "Oh, great.  You're getting all soupy and stuff." Ummm...I think you mean mushy, but whatever, it's still cute.  Call it whatever you want, and grab a spoon baby.


Let me just start off by saying he’s my Hottie-note the capital H for emphasis.  {I just wanted to get that out of the way.}  Not only do I think he is beautiful on the outside, but he is amazing on the inside.  I believe so deeply that God created each of us with the other in mind and brought us together at just the right moment.  He is my complement in so many ways.  I am an emotional roller coaster, and he is all laid back and Mr. Cool.  I get frazzled and anxious, and he is calm and collected.  I am a wall flower, and he is the social butterfly.  He loves to drive; I love to ride.  I have lived in the same town for most of my life, yet he could find his way around better after only a year here.  I can follow a recipe word for word, measurement by measurement, and my food doesn’t come close to a meal he throws together without any kind of instructions.  He puts up with an incredible amount of whining and handles living with three needy girls extremely well.  He pushes me out of my comfort zone and challenges me.  He is my hero, my rock, my friend.  Oh, and he is a pretty awesome Daddy to a couple of spoiled girlies I know.  




I realized the other day while I watched him sleep that it had been a long time since I just sat and looked at him.  Life gets hurried and chaotic.  It’s not perfect.  There are so many trying moments...you know, the whole “for worse” part of those vows.  But even then, even when we’re fussing about the silliest things, I still adore him.  I can be so angry with him, and then he gives me this look...and I’m done.  I tell him sometimes, “I love you, but right now, I really don’t like you.”  I'm not proud of those moments, but they happen.  

Through the trials and the triumphs, I trust him, and I believe in him.  He is the leader of our home.  We’re just two sinners trying to stick together and raise two little lives in this world through the love, mercy, and precious saving grace of Jesus.  We grumble about bills and rejoice over the milestones of our pint-sized blessings.  We're madly in love...and sometimes we're just mad, but it's such an adventure.  I cannot thank the Lord enough for this crazy, beautiful life.  Here's to growing old together...if I don't drive him crazy first.  



{I hope it wasn't TOO soupy.}  
Have a great one!

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails..."
~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-8


13 comments:

  1. What a cute post! Sounds like you and I share similar personalities as well as our husbands!
    I love that you mentioned your husband pushing you out of your comfort zone and I think this is one of the best thing about my husband as well. He has helped me grow so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am an emotional roller coaster, and he is all laid back and Mr. Cool. I get frazzled and anxious, and he is calm and collected." This explains my husband and I perfectly. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! So glad you found your Mr. Right! Praying my precious boy will find "a woman to be praised" some day (soon)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Just "soupy" enough. I'm still hoping for my Mr. Right...God must be trying to teach me patience (haha). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo sweet! Stopping over from ETC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet & fun =)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog & for your nice comment! Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was pretty soupy...but SUPER sweet! Sounds like you caught a great man! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. totes soupy, but pretty awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's lovely. Sometimes we love each other but don't like each other at the moment, too. :) I think all in all, the union ends up being stronger for that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "We’re just two sinners trying to stick together and raise two little lives in this world through the love, mercy, and precious saving grace of Jesus."
    Love it! So encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable! Watching your love become a father is the most amazing experience. I just had our second child, and the love just keeps growing as our family grows. He appreciates me more for my role as a mom, and I appreciate him all the more for his appreciation for me. It's a never ending cycle! Glad you are so happy :) oh, and I totally get the whole watching while sleeping thing. That sounds creepy, but I totally get it. Since I'm up nursing these nights, I get to spy on him in those quiet moments. love it.

    ReplyDelete