Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Day at the Zoo

"And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, 
cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind.  
And God saw that it was good." 
~ Genesis 1:25


We had the pleasure of tagging along on a school trip to the zoo with my kindergartner.  It was such an awesome day, and I honestly think we fit right in there.


She is precious.  The cutest little girl just brimming over with happiness, exhilaration, and anticipation.  It's totally contagious, too.  Just watching her get so excited for these grand adventures...I have no words.  I love when she opens up her colorful world to us, and we get to see things the way she does.  

The munchkin came along and was just as excited.  She feeds off of her big sister's energy and follows in her footsteps.  She spent the day thinking she was as big as everyone else.  Little big stuff.  


She was watching a baby monkey play in front of the crowd.  I was too busy watching her...our own little monkey.  


It was a blessing to be there and experience this with them.  We brought Biggi along, too, because she's fun, and we love her.


I did manage to take my eyes/camera off the girls for a few and grab some pictures of the actual animals.  Here are some of the magnificent creations we had the pleasure of encountering throughout the day.






I passed the camera over to my mom for this shot of the baboon.  (Thanks, Biggi!)  When I was looking back at the pictures, I couldn't get over his fur.  It's crimped!  I couldn't see that from the viewing area.  (And I don't know why I find that so fascinating...but I do.)






It amazes me how different they all are.  God created each of them wonderfully and uniquely.  As we stopped at each exhibit, the class teacher gave the children extra details about the animals.  She has such enthusiasm and has been such a blessing to us this year. 

We had the best time with the animals and the kids.  It was fun watching our big girl interact and play with her school friends.  


    
She crashed about five minutes after we left the zoo.  The animal adventure wiped her out.  The munchkin on the other hand...those little eyes never seem to close.  

I'm so thankful for every beautiful moment with my own zoo crew.  

Have a great one! :)

Sharing this post at 
miscellany monday at lowercase letters

10 comments:

  1. Awww ... LOVE it! And it was such a FUN DAy!
    I'm so glad Biggi was invited to come along! :-)
    Love you!
    PS ... the pictures are Incredible! Great JOB!!!
    PSS ... The reason our "Little Munchkin" never sleeps ... She's afraid she might miss something!!! :-) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming, Biggi!! :) It was a wonderful day!! Glad you liked the pictures :) Love you!!

      Delete
  2. Looks like such a fun day. You're wearing the perfect shift for the zoo lol.

    Anna
    handmade jewelry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was!! :) Thanks so much for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. The zoo - one of our favorite places to be when the kids were little!
    It's STILL one of my favorite places! Looks like you had a wonderful
    trip!

    s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love the zoo, too!! We had so much fun, and I was thankful for such a great day!! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I love the excitement and joy on your daughter's face! How very precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the zoo! It will always be my favorite. And those pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    Stef @ Miss Jo and Co.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures are wonderful! My kids love going to zoo, and its always a blast when we go.
    The picture where your little girl is so excited is so cute!!

    Stopping by from the blog hop, your newest follower

    http://cozypinkcottagethe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some awesome photos here. Love, love giraffes. Some of these others are wonderful, too. Love God's creativity and your ability to capture it.

    ReplyDelete