Monday, September 3, 2012

Weekend Gladness

Random bits and pieces of our weekend with gladness and thanks.  Linking up for another Miscellany Monday: 

miscellany monday at lowercase letters

So, my big girl was pretty excited that there was going to be a "blue moon" on Friday night.  She drew this picture in anticipation of the big event.  She cracks me up, and her little drawings are too cute.  The little girl on the right is sad because the sun is still up, so she has a "frownie" face.  The little girl on the left is really happy and smiling because the blue moon has arrived.  See.  Adorable.  


While the big girl dreamed about the blue moon, the munchkin was thinking about...who knows...but I imagine there were "horseys" and puppy dogs and candy...  I snapped this picture while we were waiting for Daddy to finish pumping gas.  Don't you just love when a really great picture randomly, magically happens.  This has to be one of my favorites!


We had a family reunion this weekend.  It's always fun getting together with family, remembering the past, and catching up on the present.  My great grandparents are pictured below.  It's also pretty amazing for me to reflect on my Christian heritage.  


My great grandfather passed away during a church service.  Moments before his death he had said, "We need to do better..." in reference to bringing more people to church, more souls to know Christ's love.  That is just so powerful to me.  "We do need to do better"...I feel each and every day that I need to do better!

That same day in the service, this hymn was sung...


"Then shall my latest breath Whisper Thy praise; This be the parting cry My heart shall raise; This still its prayer shall be: More love, O Christ, to Thee, More love to Thee, More love to Thee!"


I am so thankful for such humble, beautiful people who loved the Lord and passed that on to future generations.  

"I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever." ~ Psalm 45:17

It was great catching up and visiting with family.  Some of my favorite people came up for the weekend.  Cousins had a chance to play and have some fun.


So did sisters ;)


We spent some time at my mom's and enjoyed her "not so secret" garden.  It is one of my favorite places.


We fed the fish...


Little hands tried to catch this froggie...can you see him peeking through the grass?  He was a tad quicker than they were ;)


But this one did get her hands on a butterfly...


After church Sunday, we ate lunch with Biggi and Paw Paw.  The girlies had to sample the lemons...



It made my face scrunch up just watching their expressions.  And they went back for more!  Silly girls.

We had a nice and much needed afternoon shower {Thank you, Lord}.  We enjoyed a walk in the cooler temperature...


And found a few puddles along the way.


There's just something about a puddle...or water in general, that beckons a child to come play.

It was another blessed weekend full of good times and great people.  I'm so thankful for these showers of blessings.

I hope you had a wonderful, restful weekend and found some time to play!
Amanda :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! ... and such a Wonderful Weekend!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete