Sunday, September 30, 2012

Thanksliving & September Reflections


Two silly girls, one awesome guy, three dogs, one cat, and six fish.  That’s my crew.  Together with our Lord, we made it through another crazy, beautiful month.  These are a few reflections and thanks for September.  

I am so thankful for this guy and our very rare date nights ♥  (and our wonderful babysitter who makes it possible!)



{I know you can't really see his face.  He was whispering something in my ear, but I love this picture.  He's a cutie. It's all good.}

I'm thankful for these little lives we share...


I'm thankful for spending time with family and for this time of year.  Pumpkins, mums, boots, fleece, pancake breakfasts, and trips to the mountains...I just love it all!   I adore fall festivals and appreciate the lovely artists who make little girlies happy with Blue's Clues and unicorn paintings.




I am most certainly thankful for wipes...and germ x.    



I'm so thankful for amazing parents and being able to spend time with them.  I love the way they love our girls.



I'm seriously thankful for coffee.  {I also love a good deal, so I was pretty excited to find that these were buy one get one free.  Yes, please and thank you!}



I am thankful that I actually made it to work on time this month.  I have a running list of excuses just in case.  These are at the top:

1.  My two year old wanted to cuddle a little longer and watch Peppa Pig.
2.  We left a pink Rapunzel backpack on the kitchen counter and had to go back home.
3.  It took us a little longer to determine which dinosaur shape that cloud made.  
4.  My munchkin started an impromptu game of keep away in the front yard.
5.  We had to stop, enjoy the colors of the morning sky, take a picture, and instagram it.
6.  Life is short, the girls will be grown before I know it, every second is precious, and some things just can't be rushed.

I'm going to keep adding to this list, but hopefully we won't actually need to use them...

I'm thankful for cooler afternoons, long walks, and hearing all about the days of my kindergartner.  



I am deeply thankful for her little school, the staff, and her beautiful teacher.  She comes home from school singing, "Open the eyes of my heart, Lord..."  She is learning and growing.  Such a blessing.  

I am thankful for technology and being able to keep in touch with a best friend and a baby sister who both live entirely too far away.  I am thankful for dear friends and family who fill my life with smiles, joy, compassion, and love.  

I am most thankful for Jesus.  


"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
~Romans 8: 38-39

I hope you had a wonderful September!



Sharing this "Thanksliving" post

topofthepagewithleslie


miscellany monday at lowercase letters


Covered in Grace


14 comments:

  1. I love the final picture with your girls. It's really great looking at them and see how good their relationship is. Indeed, life is short so we must treasure every moment.

    stopping by from Miscellany Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girls do love each other...even though they spend some days fussing ;) I try to even treasure those moments!! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Hello Amanda! Just found your blog at the Monday Meet Up Blog Hop ^^ You have a lovely blog, I liked it a lot so I'm following : ) Hope you get a chance to visit my blog too and tell me what you think xx
    NOIREDAME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the sweet comments and for stopping by!! :) Have a blessed day!!

      Delete
  3. A beautiful family! It's the living that shines through your post. The living plus God. I love the mental picture of your daughter coming home singing, "I want to serve you." I'm praying your October will be blessed as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Pamela!! :) They are such blessings to me, and I try each day to treasure every moment!!

      Delete
  4. I love these pictures! It looks like you have fun with your kids . . . what a blessing.

    Be Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, we do have fun!! It's never a dull moment ;) Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  5. That first photo is just CUTE! Your smile tells that he's whispering something funny - adorable.
    And the forest path photo with your little ones is so sweet, too. You have many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's always saying something funny!! He keeps a smile on my face :) I am so thankful for these blessings!! Thanks for stopping by! Have a beautiful day!!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! Your girls are absolutely gorgeous!! :] Oh, and I love your "excuse" list. Haha!! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Beth!! And I'm adding to that list daily ;)

      Delete
  7. Amanda, thanks so much for linking up!! What a lovely list of thankfuls. You sound like an excellent mommy. And oh, how I remember the Blue's Clues days. They seemed never ending at the time...haha. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie! :) Thanks so much for stopping by and for the link-up!! It's such a wonderful idea!! God is so good, and I want to thank Him always for these showers of blessings :)

      Delete