Thursday, September 27, 2012

Rejoice and Be Glad

"This is the day the Lord has made; 
We will rejoice and be glad in it."
~ Psalm 118:24

I seriously have to repeat that to myself to get through some days, you know what I mean?  But, tomorrow is Friday, the weekend is on the horizon, and I have some little cutie pies I enjoy each day who make sure there is never a dull moment in these parts.  Here are a few of my favorites from the week.  

The local library has a book mobile that visits school.  The big girl brought home a few new books and had to read to me (i.e. made up an adorable story in her head that went along with the pictures) as we took our afternoon walk.  This picture warms my heart. I just love everything about it.  She is beautiful and smart and kind.  She told me she asked her teacher to pray for me one day during prayer time because I wasn't feeling well {melt my heart}.  


This silly goose.  She is just one big mess after another.  I could just squeeze her so tight and eat her up with a spoon.   


I have to add the caption to this:  1.  Uh-oh  2.  How did that happen?  3.  Five second rule!  4.  It's all good! ;)

Speaking of eating things with spoons, how about these awesome soup cans?  This is totally random (that's the theme tonight) but these were $.75 at Target, and I had to bring them home with me...never mind the fact that I dislike tomato soup...I don't really care for tomatoes (my husband says I can't possibly be southern).  So, after I give away the soup, I'm totally doing something fun with these!


I earned all smiley faces this week!  Yep, that's right, this mommy was good all week...well, that's what the sheet says.  My big girl made a good/bad chart for us, and she kept up with whether or not we were good each day.  What I secretly love is that her Daddy gets the same ponytails and eyelashes that I get. ;)


And no day is truly complete without throwing on a few old costumes and chasing each other through the house.  A dragon, a horse, a princess, a fairy.  I never know what magical adventures await us each evening.  


But it's so fun and so spontaneous.  Kids are good for that.  They keep us on our toes.  They give us reasons to laugh and play and not take things so seriously.  They see things differently.  I sometimes miss seeing things the way that they do.  



Oh, the beauty of ordinary days...and little self-portraits ♥


I hope you're having a wonderful week!










life rearranged

friday favorite things | finding joy

6 comments:

  1. LOVE!!!
    That says it all!
    Love you and my Silly Baby-Girls!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I'm glad you got all your smiley faces this week!
    Stopping by from InstaFriday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been looking for those cans of soup at our target and i cant find them :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back in the 70s (yeah, I'm old) we used to sing a praise chorus type song of that verse. My dad would roam the house singing it, at the top of his lungs, every morning to wake us up. His heart was in the right place but I learned to HATE that verse! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet photos. I'm excited to follow along with your blog. LOVE the soup cans. They're so fun ha?
    Btw.. did you know that you're a "no-reply" blogger? I couldn't respond to the comment you left on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that photo of your beautiful daughter and her book! And that she got it from the bookmobile - what fun! I remember the magic of the bookmobile when I was a kid - had forgotten that!

    ReplyDelete