Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Reflections in Black + White {Embrace the Camera}

I love stumbling upon great blogs that touch me.  I found Emily's The Anderson Crew and fell in love with her blog and her Embrace the Camera challenge.  She writes, 



“One day, we won't be around.
Do we really just want to be a distant memory?  Or do we want pictures to remind our loved ones of what we once were.
Regardless of how we look or feel, I promise that they will treasure those photos one day.
They will not think 'man, my mom was ---(insert horrible adjective that you use to describe yourself).'
They will love the photos.
I promise.”


As moms we are so used to taking pictures of our babies from behind our cameras.  I love the idea of jumping in the picture with our munchkins, our nuggets of joy.  I am also loving the idea of this weekly challenge.  So, since this is my first {Embrace the Camera} link up, I decided to scroll through our pictures and find some oldies but goodies.  

Five years after I married my favorite guy, we had our first baby girl, and I fell in love for the second time.  Those eyes.  That little nose.  We were so young.  It feels like yesterday but forever ago all at the same time.  


Look at those little pouty lips...I just love to kiss them all over.  She's really good at rolling them over when she needs someone to feel sad for her (or give her what she wants).    




Along came our second baby girl and the third time I fell in love.  It's amazing how my heart grew with each baby.  I never realized how much I could possibly love something. Life is such a precious, beautiful, miraculous gift.  I will never understand those who refuse to see that.


So cute.  And little.  (Now she's two and ruling the world.)


Both of my munchkins.  My princesses.  My sunshines.  My loves.  I could never understand my own parents...until I had these girls.  A light bulb didn't just go off, it exploded, and I was forever changed.  


I am in such awe and completely undeserving.  I am quick to correct people when they say, "You are lucky."  I don't really like that expression at all.  Because luck has nothing to do with it.  I am so richly BLESSED beyond words.  I am thankful to my Lord and Savior for His mercy and His love.  Every second, every moment is such a blessing.  

I want my girls to look back on their childhoods and know that they were loved, they were prayed for, and they were so deeply cherished.  



"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above..." ~ James 1:17


Have a beautiful day and embrace your loved ones!
Amanda :)

Sharing this post at 

4 comments:

  1. LOVE ... :-)
    Beautiful ... just like my girl's!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet - making me misty over here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly put - EXACTLY the way I feel about my little loves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!!!!
    thanks for sharing with us :)

    lauren
    www.mercyinkblog.com

    ReplyDelete