Tuesday, September 25, 2012

In a Blink

"So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom." ~ Psalm 90:12

I have started packing up and moving out some of our baby gear.  It is such a bittersweet time.  Part of me is ready to clear out the clutter, but another part of me is sad and wants to hold on to it all.  Sometimes I look at our girls getting so big, so fast, and I just wonder where has the time gone.  I can't even remember our life before the girls.  They are such incredible blessings.  


Our first baby girl lost her first tooth.  I just look at her sometimes and am amazed at her bright little life and how quickly she is growing.  


This munchkin has a personality that's ten times her size, and she marches to the beat of her own drum.  Actually, they both do.  And some days, I am just at a loss for words.


But I LOVE these moments.  These crazy, silly, unplanned, unexpected, and totally beautiful moments!  Sometimes, they can be making the biggest mess, and instead of getting angry, I run for the camera.  I think I am growing, too! ;)


It's sad, but during the work week I often find myself counting down the days until the next day off, the next holiday, or the next weekend.  I mean, who doesn't look forward to Friday?  I know it's because I'm ready for a break and want some time with this zoo crew of mine.  But there are some really great moments that happen along the way.  


Each and every day these girls are growing and changing, and I need some help learning to really focus on living in the moment.  Because it all goes by in the blink of an eye.  


So, that is my prayer for each day.  That the Lord will help me set aside the worries, the stress, and the looking for what's to come, and help me soak up every moment instead.  Whether we're singing aloud to our favorite songs on the way to school or skipping up the driveway in the afternoons, I want to be there.  I want to let some things go and keep other things closer to my heart.  For in the end, the other stuff won't really matter.  I heard this song on the radio today, and it was exactly what I needed to hear.  Isn't it funny how that happens...

"When it's all said and done
No one remembers how far we have run
The only thing that matters is how we have loved 
I don't want to miss even just a second more of this 

It happens in a blink
it happens in a flash
it happens in the time it takes to look back 
I try to hold on tight but there's no stopping time 
What is it I've done with my life
 It happens in a blink 

Slow down, slow down
Before today becomes our yesterday
Slow down, slow down
Before you turn around and it's too late." 
~ from Blink by Revive


Have a beautiful day!






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! ... yes, they grown up in the Blink of the Eye! Just like you did ... so ENJOY every minute of it!!!
    :-)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughters are so precious! It goes so fast! My baby boy is 22 now and it seems like yesterday that I was sadly letting go of the baby things. In fact ... the crib is still in the shed and somewhere there is a box with a special outfit and a baby video (on VHS). Thank you for visiting me today on Masterpiece! =)

    ReplyDelete