Sunday, September 9, 2012

Happy Places & Colorful Faces

"A merry heart does good, like medicine..."
~ Proverbs 17: 22

I am so thankful for my girls.  I mean, don't get me wrong.  There are days when I am feeling frustrated and exhausted.  BUT, I am so, so grateful for the little munchkins in my life who make me laugh and smile and give me SO many reasons to be silly.  


Mornings are crazy, but I get to spend a little more time with this one.  My goofball silly girl.  She has so much life.  By the time I have dropped her off for school, we have sung a few songs, eaten a few muffins, and made all kinds of crazy faces. It's good for the soul to start the day with play!


And of course, coffee...that always helps.


Over the weekend, my mom and I found these super cute coffee magnets at Target.  They were completely made with us in mind...at least that's what I told myself when I snatched them up.  


Biggi also picked up a few treats for a couple of girlies who looked as if they needed a little more sugar in their lives...


Look at that face.  Mesmerized.  And all of those pretty colors look even better all over cute faces...


She's totally planning her next bite! ;)

My idea of a great weekend is hanging out at home with my zoo crew.  There is never a dull moment, that's for sure.  I never know if we're going to be wearing dragon costumes, running around like horses, or making crafts.  Having children keeps things exciting and fun.  They find such joy in the smallest things.  I spent Friday night listening to my kindergartner explain the life cycles of frogs and butterflies.  And I'm a visual learner, so I really appreciated the colorful drawings...


Once that was done, she decided to act out and draw a variety of dinosaurs.  The pup and I were supposed to guess what she was each time, but I was destined to lose this game.  Apparently, I missed all the lessons on the "Honkasaurus," "Swimasaurus," "Hitasaurus," and "Chompasaurus" during school.  I can't even spell them...and Charlie Brown-Black was no help.  


I knew it was probably time to start getting ready for bed when she got a little delirious and started rolling around in the floor making no sense...


How much fun, though!  I think we should all spend more time rolling around on the floor and laughing for no reason at all. 

I'm totally a kid trapped in an adult's body.  Do you ever feel that way?  I told someone this weekend that I was an old mama who wanted to feel young again.  I told some other folks that I was going through a 1/3 life crisis ;)  Not really, but it's fun to say.  In reality, it was just my excuse for doing this...


{Goofy picture of me, but whatevs} I love going to the hair salon.  It's a few hours of mommy time, and I ADORE my hair dresser.  I wanted something fun and new.  Sometimes, we just need really want a little something extra.


It's awesome and perfect and exactly what I wanted!  Thanks Krissi!  You're the BEST!

The hubby really liked it, too...that's always a good thing.  And the girls loved it!!  My big girl had to have some blue hair, so I tried the chalking thing on a piece of her luxurious locks.


It's a little hard to see, but that long strand of blue hair is hers.  She was so excited and dancing around...this is the best picture I could get.  Such silly, girly fun.  You should totally try it!

We had a fun weekend.  We played, laughed, colored our hair ;)  You know, the usual.  

I hope you had a great weekend!
Amanda :)

Sharing this post 

miscellany monday at lowercase letters


11 comments:

  1. You are inctedible Amanda. I enjoyed this so much. Thank you for including me. I feel honored :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are inctedible Amanda. I enjoyed this so much. Thank you for including me. I feel honored :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are incredible, Krissi, and I'm so thankful you are part of our lives!! :) Thanks for all that you do, you're the BEST!!! And I'm loving my hair :)

      Delete
  3. HOW FUN! I want PINK! Happy New Follower from the Monday Meet-Up!
    Tif
    Ramblings of a Southern Belle
    http://www.rambling-southern-belle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tif!! :) I thought about pink, too, that would be so much fun!! You should totally go for it!! :) Thanks for following!!

      Delete
  4. Aw .... I totally had not read it! I forgot that I pulled it up on my phone and could not read it (old eyes and a small screen ... you know! LOL)
    I loved it and I Love your Turquoise hair and I loved spending our girls day together at the Hair Salon ... Such FUN and such Fun Memories!
    Love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so much fun, and I love you so much!!! :) Thanks for your support and for the great times!!! I love our girls days, too!!

      Delete
  5. hair=amazing!

    Following you now! Have a great night! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hair color looks great and I would love to try it when I am playing Carnival next year. I have dark hair so will have to go really loud to get it noticed. I love your blog and the pictures you posted. I am following you and would love a follow back. Have a great weekend and I look forward to your next post.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete