Sunday, September 16, 2012

A New Creation

The Life Cycle of the Butterfly (according to my five year old):

"The mother lays eggs.  Then the eggs turn into a baby caterpillar.  Then the caterpillar starts to grow, and then he sheds some of his skin.  Then he turns into a chrysalis.  Then he hatches out of it, and for a few days he is a beautiful butterfly." 


We often spend some time outside in the evenings when we get home from school and work.  On this particular day, my girls found this fragile butterfly.  It was having trouble flying as one of its wings was damaged. 



My sweet girls cradled it and talked to it as we walked up our drive.  



They laughed and giggled as we strolled, and I got the scoop on how a caterpillar becomes a butterfly.  {After teaching all day, it's nice to have someone give me a lesson.}



We admired one of God's smallest masterpieces.  I was caught up in this moment with them.  Collecting acorns and appreciating a butterfly, we were in our own little world.

Days can be stressful, exhausting, and even saddening.  The headlines and news stories are often tragic and vividly show this fallen world in despair.  As a mother, I look at the innocent, bright faces of my girls, and sometimes I worry.  For a few seconds, I am even frantic.  And then I remember, 


"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." ~ John 16:33

And I say a quiet prayer of thanks, praise, and guidance for my family.  I am so thankful for the hope we have in Jesus.  I am also thankful for quiet walks, happy children, and little caterpillars who turn into beautiful butterflies and are made new again.



"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17

Hope you have a blessed and beautiful week!
Amanda :)

miscellany monday at lowercase letters


4 comments:

  1. "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." ~ John 16:33
    Thank You! I need to remember this verse daily!
    Beautiful! :-)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I need to remember it, too!! Love you :)

      Delete
  2. This post is absolutely gorgeous! The pictures. The verses. All of it!

    New follower here from Monday Meet Up.

    Falen
    UpwardNotInward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete