Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Fair, a Funnel Cake, and a Fishy Story

I love weekends.  Seriously, I need many more of them in my life.  I'm so thankful for the chance to unwind and to spend some time with my family...and go to the fair.  The noise, the lights, the rides, the complete overstimulation of all the senses...ok, to be honest, it's all a little too much for me.  But through the eyes of my girlies, it's a completely different kind of experience.  It's magical, and I love that.



This happy girl didn't want to get off the carousel.  I had to pry her fingers off the "hor-hey."  She would've easily stayed on all night, but I didn't pack my pajamas, so... 




We found a few more cuties to play with.  Just their size.




We played some games and won a few toys...and a couple of fish.  Which we really did not need because we already have a zoo, but these fish were won at the fair.  They were special, so home with us they came!


   

We decided to head out when the dark clouds rolled in.  It was fun while it lasted, but we really didn't want to get stuck in the rain with a stroller, two girlies, and their new pets.


We couldn't leave without a few treats, though.  {Secretly, funnel cakes are my main reason for going to the fair.}  



We packed up the girls and the gear, and as I was sitting in my mom’s truck with the door open and my lap full of fried, powdered sugar deliciousness, a gentle breeze blew through and white goodness covered her front seats, steering wheel, radio, me...yeah, pretty much everything.  All I could do was laugh.  And then clean up my mess.    

Then, because it was not enough just to be covered in sugar, the little bag of prize fish that I was trying so hard to keep safe and secure on the ride home sprung a leak.  My pants were soaked...and I had been holding them in my lap, so you can only imagine.  Of course, my five year old thought it was the single funniest moment of her short life and laughed and giggled all the way home.  Thank you my little ray of sunshine.  {OK, we were all laughing and giggling.  It was pretty funny.}



We made it home safely with "Swimmer" and "Gallahad," (I am sure I have no idea where these names come from) and I found some dry pants.  As I write this, the fish seem to be settled and happy.

Thanks Biggi for a fun trip!  There is never a dull moment, for sure.  {Sorry about the powdered sugar and the fish water...and the spilled coffee...and everything else that has been dropped, crunched, spilled, and destroyed in your truck.}

At the end of the day, my big girl gave me a smiley face for being a good girl.  There's nothing like your five year old keeping you in line.

Hope you had a fun weekend!
Amanda :)

miscellany monday at lowercase letters

Covered in Grace

12 comments:

  1. LOL!!! :-) Yes, never a dull moment ... but we wouldn't change that for anything!!!
    Love you and my Girlies!
    Biggi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely wouldn't change it!! :) Then what would we laugh about ;) Love you!!

      Delete
  2. Such a fun day! And your pictures to remember it by are stunning! Visiting from MM :) Have a happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time you had! Yum - funnel cake. So. Good.

    Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was so good!! :) Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  4. Hey there!
    Stopping by from the "Monday MeetUp" - I´m a new follower!
    Cute blog!
    Have a nice day,
    xoxo
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet pictures! I LOVE the one with the clouds and ferris wheel! Breathtaking! I'm with your daughter. I wouldn't want to get off the hor-hey either! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mindy!! :) And she's a pretty big fan of "hor-heys"! When we're driving down the road and pass a pasture she neighs to the horses ;)

      Delete
  6. Fish aren't allowed to be prizes at the fair in the uk anymore. Lots of them died in their little bags apparently :(

    I have heard of funnel cake but have never tried it myself. It sounds lovely - there's something about that name I think!

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! I actually was worried about all of the little fish being handed out at the fair :( I have a large aquarium set up at home and have had fish for years, so I felt prepared for these little guys. As of now, they are still swimming happily around :) And funnel cakes are amazing. So good!! I hope you get to try one sometime! :) Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete