Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sugar Rushes, Shopping Carts, & Snapshots of Blessings

In the spirit of Insta-Friday, here are a few of my favorite snapshots of our week through Instagram, Snapster, and a little Frametastic (a girl needs variety).

We took some time out to visit Paw Paw at his barns this week.  I love being on the farm.  It’s so good for the soul and brings back so many childhood memories!



It’s also good for little girls who like to play in the dirt.  I mean roll around and bury themselves in dirt while wearing cute little dresses...she rode home with Paw Paw and Daddy ;)




And apparently, it's not enough to cover herself with just dirt. Look at those hands...and that sticky grin.  Thank you pink push pop.  I was actually told that Daddy was more fun than Mommy because he stopped and got them ice cream.  True Story.  But it’s all good.  I recorded Dora’s Gymnastics Adventure, so I’m back in the game!


While out and about, we ran by Lowe’s.  The girls love these shopping carts...their Daddy loves the store.  I’m just kidding totally telling the truth.


Speaking of shopping carts...who are these crazy girls?  I saw this cute guy, in the Target parking lot, letting his children ride the cart like this, and I took a picture.  I am sure I have no idea who those children were, but they may have come home with me...


My husband is so good about taking the girls out and spending time with them.  Their new favorite place is Sweet Frog.  My baby sister, a.k.a. Auntie, was home from college this week, so we went out for an afternoon treat! YAY!


The Frog stands for Fully Rely on God, and I think that’s pretty awesome!  My girls think it’s pretty awesome, too.  Check out this silly one.  There are too many faces, and I couldn't pick just one.


I HAD to include an "after the sugar rush” photo.  Here is Miss Cranky Pants (with Auntie) in all of her two year old glory.  It's kind of funny...ok, it's hilarious...but only because Auntie is having so much fun!


I have to keep my eye on that one.  She’s a mischievous little thing...a trait that her Auntie loves.  Maybe I’m going to have to keep my eye on both of them! ;)

And speaking of keeping an eye on things, this was one of those mommy moments when I needed to think fast (which, on a side note, I rarely do).  Here comes my girl, heading straight for me swinging a stick almost as big as she is.  I have three choices:  grab the stick (like a good mommy), move out of the way (I’m kind of slow), or take a picture and Instagram it because the sunshine is just lovely...decisions, decisions...


I also had to get a picture of these feeties.  The cutie attached to them loves to surprise me with her daily outfits.  In all honesty, this is how we leave the house some days. I’m totally ok with that because she’s happy and so adorable.  She's my free spirit, and I treasure every bit of it!  One day I might leave the house like this, too...it just might not be on purpose, and I won't be nearly as cute ;)


And on a final note, this was pretty exciting to find in the mail all in one day...


I would just like to point out that the mail should look like this EVERY day!  Can you imagine how much happier and nicer people would be if free coffee drinks came in the mail instead of bills...just a thought.

It was another crazy, silly, blessed week.  God is so great and merciful, and I am so thankful for His blessings and His love! 
“Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise.  Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.  For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.” ~ Psalm 100: 4-5

I hope you had a great week!
Amanda :)

Sharing over at Life Rearranged for Insta-Friday
life rearranged

and at Finding Joy for Friday Favorite Things
friday favorite things | finding joy

4 comments:

  1. Awww I loved it!!! :)

    ~Shorty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joy you find in your family and the everyday little things absolutely shines through in your photos and your words :-)Thank you so much for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments!! :) I do try to enjoy them and all the special little moments. They are such blessings!! Thanks for reading!! Have a great day!! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm needing a "LOVE" Button right about now! :-) LOL
    Loved it!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete