Sunday, August 5, 2012

Say It Isn't So

It's true...I have to go back to work tomorrow, and I'm sitting here trying to figure out exactly where the summer went.  Part of me feels like this:


And another part of me feels like this:


And what exactly happened to August...


I think I might just throw this mug away...just kidding, I really like it, but still...

I'm going to miss my girlies...and eating breakfast around 10:00. 



I'm going to miss my sanity (seriously).

But I am excited to see my students and friends :)

So, as the school year approaches, I try to get my heart and my mind in the right place and prepare for a good year.  I have a few favorite verses that I carry with me (along with a travel mug full of coffee):



“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.  Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.” ~ Galatians 6:9-10

I pray that the Lord will bless this school year for me, the students, and my fellow teachers.  

And now, I need to try and get some rest.  This will be the earliest I've gone to bed all summer.  In the morning, after dragging my girls out of bed by their toes and dressing them in their sleep, I will head out with my goldfish (the pet kind, not the cheddar cracker kind), my plants, and my red gumball machine to begin a new year! 

Hope you have a great week!
Amanda :)

4 comments:

  1. ... and is Biggi ready for this! LOL ... see you and my girlies in the morning! You are a Great and caring teacher!
    Praying you have a GREAT year!
    Love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO thankful we have you and that my girls will be loved and spoiled all day!!! ;) I hope you're ready ;) Thanks for reading, for the prayers, and for all that you do!! Love you!!

      Delete
  2. Amanda, I love reading these. Jacob is looking forward to his senior year and yearbook class w/ you. I hope he doesn't talk your head off. I'm having anxiety over all that a parent needs to do for there child in their last year, but not so that I dread the school year starting. They need to get back to the grind!! Best wishes for a smooth start! See you Thursday :)
    Krissi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet comment Krissi and for reading!!! :) I am so excited to have Jacob, I hope he enjoys yearbook!! :) You are such a great mom, I know you will make it a great year for him and Taylor both!! Have a great day, and I'll see you soon!!

      Delete