Monday, August 6, 2012

Not So Terrible 2's & Thankful 32's

This little cutie turned two this year:



And to anyone within a mile radius of where we shop, I apologize for the noise violations.  She can be tons of fun these days, especially when we are out and about and there's an audience.  Her halo gets a little crooked for sure!  I love the awkward glances from people who are trying not to stare but can’t help looking over to see who is in such a lovely mood.  (By the way, I totally understand...I look around too, for a rock under which I can crawl.)  But it's all good ;)

My mom often reminds me that I am not the only person who has ever had crying babies.  To be honest, when the baby gets cranky, I get cranky.  (There, I admitted it...like ripping off a band-aid.)



With the occasional tantrum and public crying spells, however, come sweet kisses and hugs from a little girl who is very generous with both.  My favorite is when I walk into the room, and she comes running to wrap those little arms around my legs...my heart is happy :)



In a few weeks, I will turn {cough} 33, and as I reflect on this past year, I am so thankful for so many blessings! 

I am reminded every day, when I look at my husband and our girls, that the Lord is merciful, and life is a gift.  




Several months ago, the girls and I were headed to church when we were in a really bad wreck.  I still can’t look at pictures, and I don’t like to talk about it.  We were wearing seat belts, but I know with all my heart that God reached down from heaven to save and protect us.  We got out of that overturned, totaled vehicle with just a few scratches.  As people stopped to help, I will never forget the kindness of the strangers.  I will never forget the sight of my family and husband (who had come from work) sprinting up the side of the road and past the rescue workers to get to us.  I will never forget the beautiful people who stopped and hugged us and placed their hands over us saying, “Thank you, Jesus!” 

{exhale...}

Things could have turned out so differently...in the blink of an eye.  In some ways, that day was the worst, but in other ways, I feel so blessed, so loved, and the sun shines a little bit brighter now.



Thankfully the Lord knows our hearts because I had so many feelings that I could never actually put into words.  To say I was thankful doesn’t even come close.  When I watch the girls laugh and play...sometimes I just can't express what my heart feels.




I shared all of that to say that I know God has a purpose for our lives whether we’re 2 or 32.  I totally want my life to count for Jesus, and I thank Him for each and every moment (even the temper tantrums because it means I still have my baby).  

I know ladies aren’t supposed to discuss their age, and I know I sometimes fuss about my wrinkles (really, what girl doesn’t), but in the grand scheme of things, turning 33 is looking pretty awesome indeed! :)   




“You are the light of the world.  A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.  Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.” ~ Matthew 5:14-16

Hope you have a blessed and beautiful day!
Amanda :)


I am sharing this heart post with Mercyink for All Things Heart & Home

and At The Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! :-)
    Just like you ... inside and out!!!
    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are beautiful, too, and such a blessing to me!!! :) Love you!!

      Delete
  2. I love you best friend! You are not the only one thankful. I don't know what I would do without you. You are my rock and I love you so much! Kiss my nieces for me and give big hugs from Aunti Lolli :) Remember 30's are the new 20's ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe!!! You are the best!!! :) Thank you so much for you sweet note and for reading!!! I don't know what I would do without you either, I miss you so much!!! Hope you're doing well!! And I love the thought that "30's are the new 20's"!!! Sounds great ;) Love you girl!!

      Delete
  3. So beautiful! And the tears welled up in my eyes as you talked about the car accident...I can only imagine how terrifying that must have been and yet you have been able to glean from it such incredible lessons. God is so good! We are going to be featuring this at our Inspiration Friday party this week so be sure to stop by! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete