Saturday, August 4, 2012

Movie Night: Burnt Popcorn & a Great Horse


Ok, so if you have known me longer than five minutes, you probably know that since I was a little girl, I have had this innate love for horses.  Sometimes, as I watch my two girls gallop through the house neighing, I think it must be genetic.  


I also love satisfying, feel good movies.  Life is too short to waste two hours on a bad movie.  So, when we settle down to watch something like Secretariat, I get the best of both worlds!




I round up my two little ponies and our pup, and we snuggle up to watch our favorite horse movie for the 217th time...no, I’m kidding, that’s a total exaggeration...it’s probably been like 215 times.


I kind of burn the popcorn (story of my life), but thankfully they don’t mind ;)





And because I try to keep it real, this is how our movie night proceeds:
About 30 minutes into the movie, the popcorn bowls are empty and so is the couch as two bored restless little girls are up and running...well, on this particular night galloping.  After watching a couple of Secretariat’s races, they decide to race each other through the house...the big girl always seems to be in first place (probably because she makes the rules), the munchkin is in second place (usually with a pouty lip all rolled over) and the tag along pup, Charlie Brown-Black, is a distant third (because he has to stop and gobble up all of the stray popcorn).  


I could barely hear the rest of the movie over their neighing and stomping...but to be honest, I just about have it memorized.


Every so often, this little girlie would run to the TV neighing to the horses on the screen. (adorable)




No matter how many times I see this movie, I still get goosebumps at the end as Secretariat wins the Belmont by 31 amazing lengths.  "Oh, Happy Day!" :)  


Another one of my favorite moments is when Diane Lane quotes a passage from the book of Job.  "Have you given the horse strength? Have you clothed his neck with thunder..."




~ Job 39: 19-25


Our movie night was fun while it lasted.  I enjoyed the final few moments of the movie with a little girl beside me requesting to switch over to Wow, Wow, Wubbzy!...sigh...but at least she raised her arms to cheer for Secretariat.


I hope you have enjoyed a few good movies lately!  Have a great night :)
Amanda


4 comments:

  1. :-) ~Tooooooo Funny and Sweet~
    Love you and my "Little Horseys" ... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. I had never read that part of scripture amazing you even helped teach me something thru your blog. Thanks Pook! love auntie Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!!! :) Thanks so much for reading and for the comment!!! Hope you're doing well, love you!!

      Delete
  3. awww i loved it!!! they are all so good!!!!

    ~shorty

    ReplyDelete