Thursday, August 30, 2012

Just to See Them Smile

We try not to take ourselves too seriously...because really, we can't.  It's not allowed when we have a five year old and a two year old along for the ride.  So, this is our silly week through the eye of my phone for another Insta-Friday.  

We took an impromptu swing by the fire house to see Daddy.  That's always fun.  We HAVE to play on the firetrucks when we go...I mean, it would just be crazy not to.  Check out this fun, vintage darling...

Mommy the baby girl totally wanted to play in this awesome little fire truck...car...I'm not exactly sure.


Oh, hey cutie!  Yes, you're the real reason we're at the fire department :)  Our hero...posing..being silly.


The girlies love climbing in and on the trucks.  I'm always afraid that one day the guys will get a call and end up with a surprise tag along.  


But, as fun as the fire station was, we did have other places to be this week.  School, for one.  This is my silly kindergartner.  I wish I felt this good in the mornings.


She has homework now, it's adorable.  It's not calculus or geometry or The Iliad, so that's good.  It's so cute.  I suggested that she practice writing her numbers on our chalkboard door, and she did.  But one can't draw the number six without a few dolphins and rainbows...I am sure I still do the same thing...


Charlie Brown-Black continued his quest for crumblies.  Look at him.  He knows exactly where to get the handouts...


He also loves this rug.  Every evening I have a choice.  Let the sleeping dog lie or do the dishes...I don't even have to tell you how that one turns out.  


We read a few books...


Drew a few pictures...


Enjoyed a few popsicles...


Ran around the house in a diaper because clothes are no fun (ok, just to clarify...the munchkin was the only one who did this...but she was very happy about it!)


And had another silly, beautiful, blessed week!  

"You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
~Psalm 16:11


I hope you've had a wonderful week!
Amanda :)

life rearranged

friday favorite things | finding joy

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it once again! ... and of course I LOVE my Silly Little Girls and my Big Girlie too ... and their Hero!!! LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week! Visiting from Life Rearranged!

    ReplyDelete