Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Interview With a Five Year Old


Our first baby girl starts kindergarten this year, so I’m feeling a little nostalgic.  






I thought it would be fun to ask her a few questions each year and keep her responses to see how they change as she grows.  The following "interview" took place in the midst of flying toys and sister drama, but no one was hurt during the interview process...at least I don’t think so...


1.  What are you excited about doing this school year?
     "playing with their toys" ~ (good answer)
2.  What do you want to learn at school?
     "how to ride a horse" ~ (she is so my child)
3.  What would you like to be when you grow up?
     "a cowgirl!" ~ (me too!!!...is it too late?)




4.  What do you love most about your baby sister? (as a toy flies through the air)
     "Nothing!" ~ (they were having a bad afternoon)
5.  What do you love most about Daddy?
     "he's so sweet to me" ~ (awe :)  He's pretty sweet to mommy, too!)
6.  What do you love most about Mommy?
     "you're sweet" ~ (thank you!...but I think you forgot to say that I was pretty and tons   
      of fun?!...maybe next time?  Ok...)
7.  What do you love about yourself?
     "my hair" ~ (I really love that, too!)




8.  Favorite TV Show?
     "Phineas & Ferb"
9.  Favorite Movie?
     "Finding Nemo"
10.  Favorite Food?
      "Green Beans" ~ (really?)
11.  Favorite Drink?
      "Slushie"
12.  What's the best thing we've done in your five years?
      "the Dixie Stampede" :) ~ (We’ve flown to Oregon, visited the Red Woods in California, 
       gone to the beach each year, but yes, I can understand how the Dixie Stampede would 
       rank up there!)
13.  What's your favorite toy? ~ Never mind...




14.  What do you dream about?
      "going to the playground and riding dragons with Elaina...these dragons breathe water 
      not fire...because they’re blue...you know, because only red dragons breathe fire!" ~ 
      (well...yes, of course I knew that...don't all mothers know that?)
15.  What's your favorite thing to do?
      "hugging my mommy and daddy and playing with them on the swing" ~ (I am so going 
        to keep this and remind her of this later!)




16.  Who loves you most?
      "Jesus!" :) ~  (smart girl!)

She started getting a little silly and tired of all the questions.  We called it a day, and I went from being interviewer to referee...what's new, right?  But this was fun, her answers were priceless, and I probably will forget can't wait to do it again next year!

Have a great day!
Amanda :)
      

7 comments:

  1. hahahahah i loved this one!!! now you should do the same with baby o and see what the responses are haha..

    love you,

    shorty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shorty!! :) and that would be fun with Baby O...except all I would get would be sounds and sign language ;) Thanks for reading!!! Love you!!

      Delete
  2. Love it! :-) You forgot to ask her where she was going to live when she grew up?!? LOL
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because I already knew the answer!!! ;) Thanks for reading, love you!!

      Delete
  3. This is soooo precious. What great memories you guyz are making. love you, Auntie Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading!!! :) Love you!!

      Delete
  4. Amanda, Of all of these, this one made me tear up. You have raised wonderful children. AND your mother has raised an even more wonderful little girl to be such a great and faithful mother, wife, and friend. Keep enjoying every day! love, Jennifer AKA Former Coach Watson :-)

    ReplyDelete